VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 05:06:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Army game cancellation  (Read 2460 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2021, 01:04:49 EDT »

Blake Toppmeyer and Finebaum raising hell, saying it's "dishonorable" and basically saying the admin are cowards.

So...first of all, I'm glad we won't be chop blocked.  We lost a really good athlete several years ago in an AF game, in fact I believe it was Ingy, who is a big inspirational speaker now.  (Could be wrong about that, but we did lose a really good athlete).

Next, I don't like facing a team that runs the triple option.  Just avoid that crap if you can.

Finally, I think the Vols could take Army at home anyway, but the game would have been a week prior to playing Florida.  Why get injured by chop blocks and have to learn to defend the triple option on that timeline?

If...it wasn't the chop blocks and triple option, and right before Florida, then I might also question why we dropped the game. But with all that factored in I really don't GAS.

But finally, even with all the above if the AD dropped the game to help Heupel do better in year 2 (or look better, whatever) I am not sure I even care about that, TBH.

Now the thing that might be regrettable is that they were going to present some Medal of Honor winners at halftime and now that is much less likely to happen (but could still happen) in the Akron game.  But that's a side issue. 

Toppmeyer in particular seems really fired up about this. He can KMA as far as I'm concerned, and quit acting like he speaks for the fans.  He does not.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 01:15:59 EDT »

Blake Toppmeyer and Finebaum raising hell, saying it's "dishonorable" and basically saying the admin are cowards.

So...first of all, I'm glad we won't be chop blocked.  We lost a really good athlete several years ago in an AF game, in fact I believe it was Ingy, who is a big inspirational speaker now.  (Could be wrong about that, but we did lose a really good athlete).

Next, I don't like facing a team that runs the triple option.  Just avoid that crap if you can.

Finally, I think the Vols could take Army at home anyway, but the game would have been a week prior to playing Florida.  Why get injured by chop blocks and have to learn to defend the triple option on that timeline?

If...it wasn't the chop blocks and triple option, and right before Florida, then I might also question why we dropped the game. But with all that factored in I really don't GAS.

But finally, even with all the above if the AD dropped the game to help Heupel do better in year 2 (or look better, whatever) I am not sure I even care about that, TBH.

Now the thing that might be regrettable is that they were going to present some Medal of Honor winners at halftime and now that is much less likely to happen (but could still happen) in the Akron game.  But that's a side issue. 

Toppmeyer in particular seems really fired up about this. He can KMA as far as I'm concerned, and quit acting like he speaks for the fans.  He does not.

I have no idea who the hell Toppmeyer is, nor do I give a shizzle

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 01:27:27 EDT »

Blake is correct.

And Bandit, I doubt that you even know what the hell a "chop" block is and when and where it can be used on the field.  

Nothing UT can do/say can justify waiting until 11 months before a game that has been scheduled for 6 years to decide to buy it out.  And it was White and Hype that made the decision to buy it out.  Fulmer and Poot had talked about it, but the decision wasn't made until back in the early summer.  

It's pure running and hiding chickenshizzle.  

And it's pathetic.  And you are still clueless. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 01:30:49 EDT »

I have no idea who the hell Toppmeyer is, nor do I give a shizzle

Exactly! 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 03:56:48 EDT »

It was indeed Inky who was hurt against Air Force, but it had nothing to do with a chop block or with anything else illegal. It was just an unfortunate incident.

I don't like it. Just man up and play the games that are in front of you.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 09:04:05 EDT »

Blake is correct.

And Bandit, I doubt that you even know what the hell a "chop" block is and when and where it can be used on the field.  

Nothing UT can do/say can justify waiting until 11 months before a game that has been scheduled for 6 years to decide to buy it out.  And it was White and Hype that made the decision to buy it out.  Fulmer and Poot had talked about it, but the decision wasn't made until back in the early summer.  

It's pure running and hiding chickenshizzle.  

And it's pathetic.  And you are still clueless. 

Opinions can vary on whether the cancelling the Army game is "chicken shizzle" or not.  It's not that part I care about.  What I do care about is some dipshizzle reporter from Illinois who attended a college in Missouri called "Truman College" go on Finebaum and act like he speaks for Tennessee fans, or more importantly alumni which I am.  He does not, and he can KMA.

I respect that some people view it as backing out, but over on VN, which has a lot more posters than this, it was about 1 in 20.  The other 19 could GAS.  But Toppmeyer went on Finebaum today and implied that most or all Vol fans are upset.

I do know what a chop block is. Any football fan that has followed the game for the last 20 years and has a pulse does, because prior to it being outlawed in the NFL it was covered  and showne and even diagramed endlessly.  In fact, I recall a Green Bay-Dallas playoff game in the 90s where Leon Lett took out a GB DL's knee and a fight broke out on the field. 

Why play a stupid triple option team, ever?  Let alone the week prior to Florida. Plus there is definitley a risk of injury.

If outsiders think that's "running away" fizzle em. I could care less.

For the record, I think we would have beaten Army anyway, or would be capable of doing so. 

I get that you are upset, I know you are also an Army fan.  But the great majority of fans could care less, and Blake shouldn't be running his mouth about it on Finebaum.  And Finebaum should quit occasionally pretending to actually like Tennessee. He doesn't.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 11:36:29 EDT »

Count me as not giving a shizzle. UT has over-scheduled the last 10-15 years, and been embarrassed because of it. Not that Army is "over scheduling", but no need to play the game. I think Ohio State negotiated out of a home & home with UT a few years ago. Happens all the time. Big deal.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 03:14:43 EDT »

Opinions can vary on whether the cancelling the Army game is "chicken shizzle" or not.  It's not that part I care about.  What I do care about is some dipshizzle reporter from Illinois who attended a college in Missouri called "Truman College" go on Finebaum and act like he speaks for Tennessee fans, or more importantly alumni which I am.  He does not, and he can KMA.

I respect that some people view it as backing out, but over on VN, which has a lot more posters than this, it was about 1 in 20.  The other 19 could GAS.  But Toppmeyer went on Finebaum today and implied that most or all Vol fans are upset.

I do know what a chop block is. Any football fan that has followed the game for the last 20 years and has a pulse does, because prior to it being outlawed in the NFL it was covered  and showne and even diagramed endlessly.  In fact, I recall a Green Bay-Dallas playoff game in the 90s where Leon Lett took out a GB DL's knee and a fight broke out on the field.  

Why play a stupid triple option team, ever?  Let alone the week prior to Florida. Plus there is definitley a risk of injury.

If outsiders think that's "running away" fizzle em. I could care less.

For the record, I think we would have beaten Army anyway, or would be capable of doing so.  

I get that you are upset, I know you are also an Army fan.  But the great majority of fans could care less, and Blake shouldn't be running his mouth about it on Finebaum.  And Finebaum should quit occasionally pretending to actually like Tennessee. He doesn't.

Blake was the UT beat writer for the KNS for several years.  He's been there done that at UT.  He still covers UT and other SEC schools.  

And I didn't think you would actually answer my question about what a "chop block" actually is and where on the field it can be employed by rule.  Just admit you don't really know instead of trying to justify with your drivel about how it was outlawed in the NFL.  

Just like I said, you are completely clueless.  

And you can paint it anyway you like, it's still running away from the game.  Put lipstick on that pig, but it's still a pig.  

And it's interesting to learn that you are for censorship. Says a lot about you.  But again, not surprised.  You know it all and nobody else knows anything.  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 03:50:47 EDT by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2021, 04:21:44 EDT »

So if a SEC team like Vandy started running the triple option would they want to drop that game. They knew Army was a triple option team when they scheduled them. Why is it bad now? I don't really care they dropped them but why was it okay to schedule them in the first place.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2021, 07:15:55 EDT »

Blake was the UT beat writer for the KNS for several years.  He's been there done that at UT.  He still covers UT and other SEC schools.  

And I didn't think you would actually answer my question about what a "chop block" actually is and where on the field it can be employed by rule.  Just admit you don't really know instead of trying to justify with your drivel about how it was outlawed in the NFL.  

Just like I said, you are completely clueless.  

And you can paint it anyway you like, it's still running away from the game.  Put lipstick on that pig, but it's still a pig.  

And it's interesting to learn that you are for censorship. Says a lot about you.  But again, not surprised.  You know it all and nobody else knows anything.  

A chop block is simply a block below the knees on the lower part of the leg while the defensive player is held up by another blocker.  Any serious football fan knows this.  That's a very high level description, its the level at which I understand it, and its the extent to which I care about it. It's inherently obvious why its dangerous and why the NFL banned it.  Like I said, I saw one in a playoff game and it was ugly.  As for my reference to the NFL, it wasn't drivel at all. I was pointing out that it was endlessly hashed over in NFL games roughly 20  years ago.  They couldn't stop talking about it.  They showed video, after video, after video, discussed it during half time shows, discussed it during the game, etc etc etc.  No serious football fan could AVOID knowing what a chop block was, even if he or she wanted to.  This really should be obvious to you, as I am sure you were watching the NFL 20 ish years ago also.

You are entitled to your opinion that cancelling the Army game is "running away".  You can join a group of about 5% of our fanbase that feels that way. I don't, and a lot more people feel that way than just me.

Yesterday on Finebaum Blake was using words like "deplorable" and "dishonorable" and for some reason he was really passitionate about it.  He was literally seething with anger (may or may not have been an act, looked pretty real).  This is what pissed me off and what I am pushing back against.  It was way over the top. But mostly as I said, HE doesn't speak for ME, and the great majority of Vol fans who could GAS, but he acted like he did.  it's one thing to say its a bad look for the University, and that it looks like running away from a fight. Had he just stated that in normal tone of voice I wouldn't have said anything.  But he acted like the AD had committed a felony.  He simply made a complete horses arse of himself (and that POS Finebaum was happy to pile on).   Maybe you should go watch the clip. If you think he was justified, maybe Finebaum will give you some air time also to contiune the whining and crying. It was fizzleing ridiculous.  If you have not watched the clip, please do so.  It will add a little bit more to your opinion if you actually do that.

I don't GAS how long Toppemayer was the beat writer.  He can take his ridiculous outrage (faux or otherwise) and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

It's one things for fans like you and I to have an opinion on whether the cancellation is good optics or not, it's another for some dipshizzle who happened to be a beat writer for the KNS to become "morally outraged" as if AD White had just suicide bombed downtown Knoxville as a terrorist, and worse, to imply that a majority of Vol fans felt the same.  He was way off base.  

And who said anything about censorship?  He can run his mouth all day.  I didn't say he didn't have a right to an opinion, but (a) his response is ridiculously over the top (and makes him look like a giant ass) and (b) he DAM SURE doesn't have the pulse of the Vol nation.  Seems like if he was a beat writer for the KNS (still works for KNS incidentally), then he would have better insight into how the fans actually feel.  Must be a bit incompetant.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 07:30:34 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2021, 07:23:19 EDT »

It was indeed Inky who was hurt against Air Force, but it had nothing to do with a chop block or with anything else illegal. It was just an unfortunate incident.

I don't like it. Just man up and play the games that are in front of you.

Yes, you are correct, it wasn't a chop block, but it was definitely the game that helped end Inky's career.

However I do recall a discussion on here afterwards in which many said that we should just not play service academis any more as it always seems to cause injuiries.  FWIW.

And you are certainly entitled to your opinion on the Army game, and I understand it.

I would rather avoid a triple option team that cut blocks the week before Florida.  If not for those three things, I would probably not like the decision either.  But I wouldn't get that upset about.  I'm more worried that we need to find a decent QB and work the transfer portal in the off season to have a shot at a good 2022.  The Army game is a minor concern compared to those things. 

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2021, 08:02:39 EDT »

You took the bait, dumbasss. Chop blocks are illegal in college football.  Have been for a while now.  And that's not eben what a chop block is, anyway.

Cut block are what are being used as an excuse as to why the game should be cancelled. A cut block is a block that is below the waist that can only be made against the man directly in front of a blocker and within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.  Got news for you.  Every college team "cut blocks" at one point or another. In short yardage situations where the defensive lineman are low, that's how you abe to block the DTs. It's not rocket science. 

Inky wasn't blocked low, and it was on the sideline where cut blocks aren't allowed.  Could have happened against Alabama, Vanderbilt,  or any school.

You are the worst kind of UT homer.  Just a sheep.  And one who takes everything je reads on that UT PR site Volquest as objective journalism. 

Pathetic.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2021, 08:13:07 EDT »

You took the bait, dumbasss. Chop blocks are illegal in college football.  Have been for a while now.  And that's not eben what a chop block is, anyway.

Cut block are what are being used as an excuse as to why the game should be cancelled. A cut block is a block that is below the waist that can only be made against the man directly in front of a blocker and within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.  Got news for you.  Every college team "cut blocks" at one point or another. In short yardage situations where the defensive lineman are low, that's how you abe to block the DTs. It's not rocket science. 

Inky wasn't blocked low, and it was on the sideline where cut blocks aren't allowed.  Could have happened against Alabama, Vanderbilt,  or any school.

You are the worst kind of UT homer.  Just a sheep.  And one who takes everything je reads on that UT PR site Volquest as objective journalism. 

Pathetic.

oohhh, you got me.  I feel so bad. Not.

I'd rather not see our players get cut, rather not play the triple option. 

Regardless, my issue is with how Toppemeyer presented himself as holier than thou, and acted like White had raped or killed someone on national TV.

Have you even seen the clip?

If not, maybe you should, and not just shoot your mouth off without even knowing what I am talking about.

It's not about whether UT was "running away" or not.  It's how Blake was over the top, and how he bashed the University of Tennessee in public and worst of all, tried to pretend he had a pulse on the fans when in fact he is completely ignorant of how we feel.

As an alum of UT, I take excpetion to how he attacked UT in public.  He could have made his point like a rational human being and with a lot less name calling and I would be okay with it.

Speaking of name calling, you are doing it yet again.  It IS a violation of board rules. I will not allow myself to sink to your level again, but do want to point out that you repeatedly violate this rule.

Is there even a moderator here any more?  If so, I call for some action here.  Name calling IS a violation of the rules.  We should all be adults on here.  That was the original basis of having this site. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2021, 08:14:39 EDT »

Also HTK, you take great pride in your inside information.

Why don't you tell us your opinion of whether Hooker is going to start Saturday?  Surely you have heard something. I am certain you have an opinion, you always do.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2021, 08:16:38 EDT »

oohhh, you got me.  I feel so bad. Not.

I'd rather not see our players get cut, rather not play the triple option.  

Regardless, my issue is with how Toppemeyer presented himself as holier than thou, and acted like White had raped or killed someone on national TV.

Have you even seen the clip?

If not, maybe you should, and not just shoot your mouth off without even knowing what I am talking about.

It's not about whether UT was "running away" or not.  It's how Blake was over the top, and how he bashed the University of Tennessee in public and worst of all, tried to pretend he had a pulse on the fans when in fact he is completely ignorant of how we feel.

As an alum of UT, I take excpetion to how he attacked UT in public.  He could have made his point like a rational human being and with a lot less name calling and I would be okay with it.

Speaking of name calling, you are doing it yet again.  It IS a violation of board rules. I will not allow myself to sink to your level again, but do want to point out that you repeatedly violate this rule.

Is there even a moderator here any more?  If so, I call for some action here.  Name calling IS a violation of the rules.  We should all be adults on here.  That was the original basis of having this site.  

Yes.  I've seen it. He wasn't wrong.  

But by all means continue on your UT's shizzle don't stink line of thinking if you must.

And whining for a moderator?   Poor Bandit.  Apparently I struck a nerve.

And, yes. Be very surprised if Hooker doesn't start Saturday.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 08:19:34 EDT by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2021, 08:24:41 EDT »

Yes.  I've seen it. He wasn't wrong.  

But by all means continue on your UT's shizzle don't stink line of thinking if you must.

And whining for a moderator?   Poor Bandit.  Apparently I struck a nerve.

And, yes. Be very surprised if Hooker doesn't start Saturday.

Nope!  Didnt strike a nerve at all. Just pointing out that you are behaving more like a child than a literal senior citizen.

Say what you want about me, but let's try and stop short of petty name calling.  We may not like each other, but there are a lot of other good folks that read this board. Just try to stick to the original charter of this place as being different than the UTVols board "cess pool". 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2021, 08:25:09 EDT »

And HTK, thanks for the info on Hooker. I feel much better about our game Saturday now.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2021, 08:35:04 EDT »

Nope!  Didnt strike a nerve at all. Just pointing out that you are behaving more like a child than a literal senior citizen.

Say what you want about me, but let's try and stop short of petty name calling.  We may not like each other, but there are a lot of other good folks that read this board. Just try to stick to the original charter of this place as being different than the UTVols board "cess pool". 

So you call for a moderator and then ask me to tone it down? 

Yeah.  Laughing at that one. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2021, 08:43:44 EDT »

I don't know about all the zingers flying right and left here in this thread, but....

Playing a very good triple option team like Army, Navy, etc as just plain STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID

That goes double or triple for a team that is rebuilding, retooling, and literally learning how to compete in the conference ON THE FLY. 

WHy the FLYING fizzle would anyone have this team waste valuable, precious time preparing for a scheme THAT WILL DO THEM ABSOLUTELY NO fizzleING GOOD IN CONFERENCE????????????????

fizzleING MIND BOGGLING.

It is simply a no brainer that this team will be infinitely better prepared for UF next year playing a tune up game the week prior, as opposed to fighting for it's life trying to get a triple option team off the field.  Oh, but our defense is oh so deep that it will be able to handle that easily - RIGHT?????   WHAT A fizzleING JOKE.

And please, I hate to be so harsh, but you got this nonsense I mention above and you add in some CRAZY ARSE notion that when UT schedules a non con way off in the future, it somehow pledges its sacred honor along with the lives of every first born of every fan to assure and GAURANTEE that the GAME WILL BE PLAYED.  GIVE ME A fizzleING BREAK.  Everyone knows it is downright common for these game to be bought out and reshuffled, rescheduled, etc, etc.  Oh!  I am really sure Army is so hurting to get a huge payday for doing ABSOLUTELY fizzleING NOTHING.  AGAIN, GIVE ME A fizzleING BREAK. 

Sure it can be totally fashioned as a "bad look" for UT if ya wanna twist it that way, but it is downright incompetent NOT TO GET out of this game. 

I'm sorry but I vote for doing the smart thing in terms of letting this team grow and I also vote for giving Army a big payday for the dumbass mistake our shizzlehead AD made years ago.  Ohhhh, Army is really hurting over getting all that cayesh FOR DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  Having to even argue this is fizzleING MADDENING.  It's like arguing over the fizzleING color of the clear noon day sky. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 08:45:58 EDT by Coupe De VOL » Logged

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2021, 09:08:17 EDT »

I don't know about all the zingers flying right and left here in this thread, but....

Playing a very good triple option team like Army, Navy, etc as just plain STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID

That goes double or triple for a team that is rebuilding, retooling, and literally learning how to compete in the conference ON THE FLY. 

WHy the FLYING fizzle would anyone have this team waste valuable, precious time preparing for a scheme THAT WILL DO THEM ABSOLUTELY NO fizzleING GOOD IN CONFERENCE????????????????

fizzleING MIND BOGGLING.

It is simply a no brainer that this team will be infinitely better prepared for UF next year playing a tune up game the week prior, as opposed to fighting for it's life trying to get a triple option team off the field.  Oh, but our defense is oh so deep that it will be able to handle that easily - RIGHT?????   WHAT A fizzleING JOKE.

And please, I hate to be so harsh, but you got this nonsense I mention above and you add in some CRAZY ARSE notion that when UT schedules a non con way off in the future, it somehow pledges its sacred honor along with the lives of every first born of every fan to assure and GAURANTEE that the GAME WILL BE PLAYED.  GIVE ME A fizzleING BREAK.  Everyone knows it is downright common for these game to be bought out and reshuffled, rescheduled, etc, etc.  Oh!  I am really sure Army is so hurting to get a huge payday for doing ABSOLUTELY fizzleING NOTHING.  AGAIN, GIVE ME A fizzleING BREAK. 

Sure it can be totally fashioned as a "bad look" for UT if ya wanna twist it that way, but it is downright incompetent NOT TO GET out of this game. 

I'm sorry but I vote for doing the smart thing in terms of letting this team grow and I also vote for giving Army a big payday for the dumbass mistake our shizzlehead AD made years ago.  Ohhhh, Army is really hurting over getting all that cayesh FOR DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  Having to even argue this is fizzleING MADDENING.  It's like arguing over the fizzleING color of the clear noon day sky. 

Boom! Now can we STFU and move on? Bandit is a great poster on this board! Give it up HTV. DAYUM!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2021, 09:13:52 EDT »

And further, to Coup De Vols comments, the roster will be thinner, and more fragile next year. Any idiot can see that from skimming the current roster. Fair amount of seniors starting and/or playing major roles. Stupid game to play as things have evolved.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2021, 09:20:49 EDT »

And by the way, Bandit - not only did you sic a moderator on me, but you also called me a senior citizen.  While I am not too awful far from there, I am not there yet, Bubba.  But if it makes you feel better, go ahead.  I won't call for a moderator to spank you.  I'm a big boy. 

« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 09:28:25 EDT by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2021, 09:27:48 EDT »

fizzleING MIND BOGGLING.

It is simply a no brainer that this team will be infinitely better prepared for UF next year playing a tune up game the week prior, as opposed to fighting for it's life trying to get a triple option team off the field.  Oh, but our defense is oh so deep that it will be able to handle that easily - RIGHT?????   WHAT A fizzleING JOKE.

And please, I hate to be so harsh, but you got this nonsense I mention above and you add in some CRAZY ARSE notion that when UT schedules a non con way off in the future, it somehow pledges its sacred honor along with the lives of every first born of every fan to assure and GAURANTEE that the GAME WILL BE PLAYED.  GIVE ME A fizzleING BREAK.  Everyone knows it is downright common for these game to be bought out and reshuffled, rescheduled, etc, etc.  Oh!  I am really sure Army is so hurting to get a huge payday for doing ABSOLUTELY fizzleING NOTHING.  AGAIN, GIVE ME A fizzleING BREAK.  

I'm sorry but I vote for doing the smart thing in terms of letting this team grow and I also vote for giving Army a big payday for the dumbass mistake our shizzlehead AD made years ago.  Ohhhh, Army is really hurting over getting all that cayesh FOR DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  Having to even argue this is fizzleING MADDENING.  It's like arguing over the fizzleING color of the clear noon day sky.  

It's amazing how the point has just completely gone over some heads.

Yes, buying out games isn't unusual.  

Buying out games 11 months before the game is scheduled to be played is just plain chickenshizzle.  

And you think Army gives a rats ass about the money? The Army Athletic Association has a dozen Jim Haslams among it's booster group.  It's certainly not about money.  

I don't care how this is spun or allegedly initiated this, White and Huepel could have honored the contract.  Period.  UT is ducking the game. 

So if Vandy decides to start running the triple option will UT duck them, too? 

And what kind of lesson does this send UT about honoring a commitment?  The next time one of you decides to dog a UT player about transferring, just don't.  It would be absolutely hypocritical.  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 09:29:51 EDT by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2021, 09:31:51 EDT »

And Bandit, no need to sic a moderator on me again. 

I'm done.  The level of sheepiness around here has just gone to levels I can't handle any longer.  It's sickening. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2021, 09:33:37 EDT »

Well, I think that this thread has been beaten to death.

Deep breaths for everyone and let's move on.

I'll lock this one and wait for the next one.

Peace and love.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: