VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 01:38:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Too bad the dawgies won  (Read 6618 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2017, 05:22:58 EDT »

Gives Muschamp II momentum.

But...they mostly won it with defense.  ND is coming off a 4-8 season in which Kelley fired his DC and they allowed 29 points per game, slightly worse than OUR injury-riddled D last year.   

Color me not impressed yet.

Uga should have been able to score more.  Yes, it's a big win, but I still hope Muschamp II is a thing.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 05:25:11 EDT »

Why was ND actually favored in that game?  I actually expected UGA to beat them worse than they did. 

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 06:14:41 EDT »

I just couldn't pull for either team...I was rooting on the great meteor to drop in South Bend.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:34:00 EDT »

In UGA's defense, they were playing a true freshman at QB since Eason was injured.

I was flat-out rooting for Notre Dame and don't care to admit it. I find myself cheering for very few SEC teams these days. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 11:08:29 EDT »

I find myself cheering for very few SEC teams these days. 

Same here.
UGADawginVA
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 12:23:48 EDT »

USCjr fans have jumped on that SEC East Champ bandwagon already.

Talk about delusional.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 01:09:12 EDT »

USCjr fans have jumped on that SEC East Champ bandwagon already.

Talk about delusional.

Because they scored 31 at home on Missouri.  A team that gave up 43 at home to Missouri State.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 02:15:15 EDT »

Let's look at it this way....this victory over ND lulls them into a false sense of security.  One that can be shattered in the future.   

RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 04:04:48 EDT »

The only fans that would be delusional would be Vandy, KY or Missouri.  Any of the remaining have a legitimate shot at being dog-whupped by Alabama in Atlanta.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 08:34:31 EDT »

The only fans that would be delusional would be Vandy, KY or Missouri.  Any of the remaining have a legitimate shot at being dog-whupped by Alabama in Atlanta.

Disagree.  Cocks definitely delusional.  The win over Mizzou is meaningless.  They beat someone good, I may change my mind, but in the meantime....

RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 09:10:18 EDT »

They beat someone good, I may change my mind, but in the meantime....

Sounds like our Vols don't qualify... 
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 09:31:42 EDT »

South Carolina has looked impressive thus far. The Cocks may have the best QB in the East. I would put UGA as the frontrunner in the East. But with Florida's offense and Tennessee's defense (and O-line), South Carolina has as much a chance as anyone to challenge Georgia. I would've put Kentucky in that mix based on returning talent, but the Cats have been very unimpressive through two weeks.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 07:24:30 EDT »

Sounds like our Vols don't qualify... 

Well they haven't beaten us yet....

If you are referring to their narrow win  over our injury-riddled team in a game where our starting RB refused to play, then I'll point out that was last season when they had a losing record and in spite of beating us were considered a bad team.

The topic in this thread is "does their recent win over Mizzou mean anything for their chances this year".  I say not just no, but hell no.

RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 04:05:54 EDT »

Well they haven't beaten us yet....

If you are referring to their narrow win  over our injury-riddled team in a game where our starting RB refused to play, then I'll point out that was last season when they had a losing record and in spite of beating us were considered a bad team.

The topic in this thread is "does their recent win over Mizzou mean anything for their chances this year".  I say not just no, but hell no.

Actually, the topic is (was) "Too bad the dawgies won".  It's at the top of the thread.  The win over Mizzou was an unrelated shift that falsely assumed that was the reason for Cock fans' optimism.  A slightly deeper inspection reveals their optimism to be based on having a promising young quarterback to complement a defensive-minded coach.  Given the performance of our defense, and the history of our coach, I'd give them as much reason for optimism as we have.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 08:41:42 EDT »

The Vols could have a long season or they could win the East. Who knows right now? But I saw IndianaSt push the OL into the backfield and I saw their offense move the ball pretty well. We will just have to wait and see how they do against SEC OL's and DL's before we know. It is eerie that not too many people have said what they thought of the Vols performance against the Sycamores. The special teams are going to win a game or two for us though.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 11:44:54 EDT »

Actually, the topic is (was) "Too bad the dawgies won".  It's at the top of the thread.  The win over Mizzou was an unrelated shift that falsely assumed that was the reason for Cock fans' optimism.  A slightly deeper inspection reveals their optimism to be based on having a promising young quarterback to complement a defensive-minded coach.  Given the performance of our defense, and the history of our coach, I'd give them as much reason for optimism as we have.

Yes the topic shifted.  Still not convinced USC e is the new "Urban coached Florida".  Instead I predict more of "Muschamp coached Florida", because Mizzou literally has one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. Let them show some offense against a team that didn't surrender 43 on it's home field to an FCS school, and THEN I will worry that USC e is now "fun and gun north" (to reference another old Florida and actually USC e coach.  Whose offense at USC e was not nearly like his old one).

RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 12:16:40 EDT »

Yes the topic shifted.  Still not convinced USC e is the new "Urban coached Florida".  Instead I predict more of "Muschamp coached Florida", because Mizzou literally has one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. Let them show some offense against a team that didn't surrender 43 on it's home field to an FCS school, and THEN I will worry that USC e is now "fun and gun north" (to reference another old Florida and actually USC e coach.  Whose offense at USC e was not nearly like his old one).

Gee, you think there's any middle ground between "definitely delusional" about winning the SECe and "the new 'Urban coached Florida'"?  I just don't see their chances as being that much lower than ours, nor do I see the point in saying their delusional.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: