VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 01:44:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buck Juawan  (Read 1009 times)
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2022, 01:57:26 EDT »

THat was the biggest snow job e er by the refs that did not call Dickinsson for  foul when he mugged Fulky thoughout

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 02:05:14 EDT »

Their staff had a great plan.  It was the difference in the game.  They abused us the entire game on offense and made shots.  We didn't make shots and became one-dimensional in the second half.  Lack of a post presence on offense really hurt us imo.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 06:18:57 EDT »

We gave up some key offensive rebounds to them down the stretch.  That alone probably made the difference.  Not like us to do that.    They did have a legit big man though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 06:29:46 EDT »

We were playing 4 guards (JJJ was playing the 4) and they were 6'8", 6'11", and 7'1". That'll do it.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 01:55:19 EDT »

We were playing 4 guards (JJJ was playing the 4) and they were 6'8", 6'11", and 7'1". That'll do it.
This

Also, Fulky could not handle their big center at all.

Surprised by the lack of Aidoo in the 2nd half
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 02:04:28 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 02:08:54 EDT »

Their staff had a great plan.  It was the difference in the game.  They abused us the entire game on offense and made shots.  We didn't make shots and became one-dimensional in the second half.  Lack of a post presence on offense really hurt us imo.
They were mugging our guards on the offense with no calls.  Every time he cut, Vescovi was hit at least by 3 different players, not talking about hand checks but actual muggings
Meanwhile we got called for a LOT of ticky tack fouls

OTOH we NEVER really stopped their big guy, though Aidoo had the best success.
Plavsic, despite his hands of bricks (3-4 boards he actually dropped the ball before controlling it) had a good night on the glass

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 03:33:11 EDT »

This

Also, Fulky could not handle their big center at all.

Surprised by the lack of Aidoo in the 2nd half

There were things that I question about our strategy, but this is the most perplexing. BHH, who provided some offense inside in the first half, and Aidoo were basically MIA in the second half.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 08:21:47 EDT »

At the 8:00 TV timeout last night Michigan seemed really tired, especially Dickinson. I read somewhere this morning that the 8:00 TV timeout was 5 minutes long and the 4:00 TV timeout was over 3 minutes. I didn't go back and check but I do seem to remember an excessive number of commercials during the 8:00 timeout.

I'm not claiming anything untoward, but if true  that's a real disadvantage to a team that has worn the opponent down - regardless of the teams involved.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 02:15:29 EDT »

I recall the announcers at some point saying Tennessee was going for speed, most likely a reference to the four guard team composition. I guess we tried to wear them out and it did not work out very well 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: