VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 05:28:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Georgia 67...Lady Vols 66...FINAL......  (Read 1349 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2021, 02:29:22 EST »

Lady Vols blew a 17 point lead. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 02:38:43 EST »

Yep...17 point lead at home! UGA gave them every chance to win in the last minute and they choked....Inbounds under our basket to win and don't even get a shot off.

First UGA win in Knoxville since 1996.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 05:08:56 EST »

What is the problem....talent or coaching or both? I can see we don't have the talent the top teams have anymore. Why don't the top players want to be Lady Vols anymore? There are so many more good women HS players these days that it seems everyone should have a fair shot at them. Then when you get them you have to coach them well. Where did that last really good class Holly recruited go hide? It's a different game today. When Pat was in her prime years there were very few teams that could challenge her talent wise. Now that the women's game has grown so much there is more talent to choose from and it is distributed all over the country. There are multiple talented teams unlike the old days. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 06:13:41 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 06:29:59 EST »

Yep...17 point lead at home! UGA gave them every chance to win in the last minute and they choked....Inbounds under our basket to win and don't even get a shot off.

First UGA win in Knoxville since 1996.

zackly - they just choked.  multiple chances to win that game and just fumbled them all away.  Hopefully this one will be a teaching moment.  This team needs to grow up a little bit, to put it mildly.    They have shown promise, but they just gotta get past the inconsistency.   

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 07:03:49 EST »

What is the problem....talent or coaching or both? I can see we don't have the talent the top teams have anymore. Why don't the top players want to be Lady Vols anymore? There are so many more good women HS players these days that it seems everyone should have a fair shot at them. Then when you get them you have to coach them well. Where did that last really good class Holly recruited go hide? It's a different game today. When Pat was in her prime years there were very few teams that could challenge her talent wise. Now that the women's game has grown so much there is more talent to choose from and it is distributed all over the country. There are multiple talented teams unlike the old days. 

A single loss led to this diatribe? Who says there has to be a "problem" because a team let one game slip away? Basketball is a sports of wins and losses. I don't think anyone predicted this UT team to go undefeated.

Here's the problem with your posts. Tennessee goes out and upsets a ranked Arkansas team by 15, scoring 88 points in the process ... and you aren't on here praising the coaches. They go on the road to take care of business in sound fashion against a good Indiana team ... and you aren't on here praising the coaches. Yet, lose one game (only their second loss of the season) and — predictably — you pop in to criticize the coaches and question why Tennessee can't recruit top players.

It's just completely nonsensical.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 06:42:12 EST »

This team should be winning SEC titles at the least. It's not going to for all intents and purposes this year. Maybe if they can beat Geno and UConn that will give them confidence to up their game. Losing a 17 point lead doesn't inspire me to praise the coaching or the players. I guess I'm not okay with these type of losses. When you are lacking in talent and coaching, how much can you expect? Maybe they need to spend more time practicing instead of trying to spread their "wokeness".
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 08:54:17 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 11:08:40 EST »

I suppose we can all agree that the coach and the team bounced back in great fashion today!!!!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: