VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 05:30:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finebaum...  (Read 791 times)
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2022, 08:09:05 EDT »

... should shut his damn face!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 08:13:08 EDT »

Not that everyone runs away in horror at the sight of it

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 05:21:34 EDT »

Lol...what stupid shizzle did he say now?  He was doing his usual job as saban's front man last week proclaiming that Bammer would beat Tamu easily by 2-3 touchdowns even without Bryce because "they are bama and saban is angry".  He was dead wrong on that.

My guess is he is still making excuses for bammer and predicting they win big?

Last season he finally confirmed what I had known all along but he said it in public.  He claimed to still be a Tennessee guy but stated that "I actually lived in bama and reported on them for a longer portion of my life", thus admitting what is obvious to anyone with two good ears that can hear, that he is the biggest bammer homer in all of sports media.

I also have a friend who was in school at the same time as Finebaum and claims that all he ever did while in school was complain that UT was mistreating him. I think he actually hates, and has always hated, UT.  I didn't witness his comments at UT first hand, so take it with a grain of salt, but it sure does seem to match his public persona.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 05:39:39 EDT »

Read on another board that he is speculating OU will come after Heupel.  Exactly what I would expect from the POS

I hope we beat his adopted team to a pulp.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 06:00:09 EDT »

Read on another board that he is speculating OU will come after Heupel.  Exactly what I would expect from the POS

I hope we beat his adopted team to a pulp.

I mean, that's not a hard speculation to make. There's a growing chance that the Oklahoma job is back on the market this year, and Heupel was a Heisman runner-up who started his coaching career there. I understand that they fired him as offensive coordinator but that's still his alma mater and the fans would welcome him back with open arms. Would he seriously consider it? Who knows. Frankly I think it's a lateral move at best, and I hope that he has developed a loyalty to Danny White that will help keep him in Knoxville.

I know one thing: I'm glad we're in a position that allows Finebaum to speculate on another team wanting our coach vs. Finebaum speculating on when we're going to can our coach.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 07:30:26 EDT »

I mean, that's not a hard speculation to make. There's a growing chance that the Oklahoma job is back on the market this year, and Heupel was a Heisman runner-up who started his coaching career there. I understand that they fired him as offensive coordinator but that's still his alma mater and the fans would welcome him back with open arms. Would he seriously consider it? Who knows. Frankly I think it's a lateral move at best, and I hope that he has developed a loyalty to Danny White that will help keep him in Knoxville.

I know one thing: I'm glad we're in a position that allows Finebaum to speculate on another team wanting our coach vs. Finebaum speculating on when we're going to can our coach.

Great final point there, better to have this problem than the opposite. It's also, as you point out, not unreasonable. I don't think Venables is fired this season unless he is so embarrassed he voluntarily takes a reduced buyout.

Heupel would also be a great fit for the recent history of OU, all offense, no defense.

Having said that, OU is a bit better than lateral IMO based on overall tradition and the last 20 years.  Historically it's been easier to recruit to because of the proximity of Texas.

I would say though that right, at this instant, it would bring more risk for Heupel than potential reward.  UT is definitely a place where you can have a nationally prominent program and win championships and Heupel has us solidly on that path.  Whereas OU experienced a (very rare!) transition from one highly successful coach to another and is now tasting the bitter dregs that UT Nebraska and pre-Harbaugh Michigan imbibed for so long.  Which means a (very likely) second coaching transition in two years will most probably be a huge mess.

Heupel at this moment has UT at a high level, OU will likely face a rebuilding effort. I just don't see him going there.

But my main point is still that Finebaum is mostly a POS saban taint sniffer 

A lot of you don't like Danielson...Finebaum IMO is FAR worse

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 07:38:18 EDT »

Oh and another thing CW...of course its logical to speculate on Heupel to OU.  Lets be honest, we have all thought about it.

But...TIMING.  Doing this the week of a big game with his adopted team with his absolutely revolting constant hero-worshiping fellation of saban is highly suspect, to say the least.

If I didn't know better, I would say he was trying to distract Tennessee.  I know fans are paranoid about the media, but I have been exposed to Finebaum since the mid-90s when his column was frequently on the then-new interwebz.  He used to constantly dog UT in the 90s to play to the local gumps in Birmingham, and I have not ever seen him change.

As for as I am concerned he can take a long walk off a short pier, and I would be happy to assist him with the application of my locomotive implementation organ to his posterior.  
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 08:09:27 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 01:53:14 EDT »

It could be that it came up this week because Texas just put a big time butt whoopin on Venables in the Red River game? 🤷🏼‍♂️ Not everything has to be connected to Bama.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 05:59:38 EDT »

If I had a show I'd say the same thing. OU is a big job, and Heupel is their most notable alum in coaching.

Finebaum has a lot of hours to fill. This seems like a decent topic to fill time.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 06:45:49 EDT »

Finebaum is a pro bammer saban taint sniffer and is trying to sabatoge the Vols

I am aware that Tejas completely humliated OU.  That just gave Finebaum the opportunity to be his usual weasel self and front for bammer.  his nose is so far up saban's arse he can see his tonsils.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 07:45:00 EDT »

Finebaum is a pro bammer saban taint sniffer and is trying to sabatoge the Vols

I am aware that Tejas completely humliated OU.  That just gave Finebaum the opportunity to be his usual weasel self and front for bammer.  his nose is so far up saban's arse he can see his tonsils.
I’m not trying to convince you. I just don’t see this as a big conspiracy. To me, it’s a completely logical discussion at a completely logical point in time.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 08:57:35 EDT by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2022, 08:35:41 EDT »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.looper.com%2F217303%2Fmr-burns-entire-simpsons-backstory-explained%2F&psig=AOvVaw12oCTGvCXtfN8bmooqMhAK&ust=1665599672636000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=2ahUKEwjR4e-36Nj6AhXmQUIHHdmNDo0QjRx6BAgAEAs
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2022, 11:22:24 EDT »

I’m not trying to convince you. I just don’t see this as a big conspiracy. To me, it’s a completely logical discussion at a completely logical point in time.

I don't care if it's logical or not, Paul Finebaum is a sombitch and can kiss my ass 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: