VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 09:42:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One way or another, the NCAA is going to screw up the FB playoff...  (Read 1907 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2012, 05:04:53 EDT »

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/brett-mcmurphy/18938708

Just take the top four teams and start playing. My preference is 8 but 4 will do for now and the immediate future. You can choose them using the current BCS method or something like it. This isn't that complicated. You shouldn't have to win the conference championship. Take the top four, start playing and STFU.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:17:54 EDT »

I'm okay with it. You should have to win the conference IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 07:22:06 EDT »

After reading the article, I do agree that just taking the top four seems so much easier.

What I think is happening is that some conferences probably think their conference champ may be unable to crack the top four. 

It's a debatealbe issue, but taking the top four is a no brainer.   It's much more difficult to scream about being left out at no. 5 than no. 3.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 07:23:49 EDT »

Final post on this and then I am done.  LOL.

I forgot to add, after all the hatred of the BCS, I am surprised at the almost non-response to this.   It seems like it would be bigger news, but the response seems kind of ho-hum.  I suppose it's just the offseason dead zone in football that has muted the response.

Or maybe it has been talked more, but I have not seen or heard it. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: