VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 05:45:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boosters apparently still with Jones  (Read 2559 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2016, 07:36:14 EST »

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Source-Support-remains-strong-for-Butch-Jones--49653232

"We need to stop comparing everything to what Saban is doing. He is a once-in-a-generation college coach, but remember, he wasn’t winning titles either at 48 (years old).

"Greatness isn’t achieved without years of struggle and strife. I think our fanbase [is] stupid if they think we are going to do any better at this point – today. But next year is his time to either show he has the leadership or not.

Egg-zachary

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 10:57:31 EST »

You know, no other athletic department voluntarily airs their dirty laundry quite like Tennessee.  Think about that first 24/7 piece the other day.  Unless you have a Baylor or Penn State situation, national writers like Travis Haney don't just up and decide "hey, Tennessee just lost a couple games down the stretch.  I think I'll go to Knoxville and get a bunch of anonymous sources to paint a picture of a disastrous culture".  That story had to originate with one of his sources calling him to volunteer some info.  And I don't think it was just scorned former players like Hurd, either.  This AD has more leaks than a DNC email server.

And this isn't the first time this has happened, either.  You saw similar pieces in Fulmer's final days, and Pearl's, and Dooley's, and Cuonzo's, etc.  You had AD employees exploiting Pat Summitt's illness in the media to stir discord between mens' and womens' sports. 

This kind of shizzle doesn't happen anywhere else to the degree it happens in Knoxville.  I hope our next athletic director can somehow put a stop to it.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 11:17:03 EST »

Saban is not why the Vols haven't won the SEC East since Jones hire. Bama is just one game. Horseface has won it his first two years. The East is a shambles and there was no better time to win it than now. Plus he hasn't beaten an SEC West team at all yet. So it is not just the Saban excuse that has the so-called "stupid" fans riled up. Sorry, but not all of us Vol fans drink the kool-aid every time.

volsboyinsodak
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 01:14:58 EST »

Sorry, but not all of us Vol fans drink the kool-aid every time.

Yep, one trick pony.  Not everyone who may disagree with you is drinking "the kool-aid."  If they are, then you lead the pack in drinking "the kool-aid" of those who see only what they want to see and want Jones gone.  It cuts both ways.  Get the hell off your high horse and start acting like an adult. At least others who want Jones gone can express themselves without feeling the need (perhaps compulsion) to denigrate others. It's a childish trait and serves no purpose other than feeding the narcissism of the writer. If you feel compelled to continue, have at it.  But, I refuse to sit back and let it go unchecked. It's not good for this board community.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 01:38:04 EST »

Bama is part of the reason we haven't won the East......We play Bama every year....the only East team that plays them every year. The past few years Bama is the best they have been...maybe ever. We (UT) aren't in the same zip code as Bama as most of the other teams in the SEC. With us playing Bama every year our margin of error is very thin....how many times lately has UGA or Florida played Bama? This year we beat FL and UGA which hasn't been done in many a years beating them both in the same season. USC was our downfall this season and a lot of our issues...not all but a lot was our defense was injury depleted. Our offense finished ranked 2nd in the SEC in scoring offense against some pretty damn good defenses.....we couldn't stop anybody the last 4 games. Your defense gives up 2,000 yards the last 3 games equals disaster. We beat KY and Mizzou because their defense was as worse or worse than ours.

When you have DEs that weigh 40-50 pounds less per man having to play defensive tackle....when you are playing a LBer that probably wouldn't start at MTSU your defense is in a world of hurt. We have DBs that are too slow and too weak to cover most good D2 programs......Need to recruit...recruit...recruit and get much stronger.

IMO the most important hire this offseason and needs to be done quickly is getting a topnotch S&C coach on board.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 01:47:53 EST by Tnphil » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: