VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 05:59:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In case you missed it, the 2017 schedule came out yesterday...  (Read 2886 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2016, 11:40:56 EDT »

I like it.  For the first time in forever, we don't have ALL of our big games in a row- they're more spread out.  Also: late-season corndog cookoff in Knoxville.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2016/09/13/vols-release-2017-schedule/
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:43:55 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 11:53:42 EDT »

I like it.  For the first time in forever, we don't have ALL of our big games in a row- they're more spread out.  Also: late-season corndog cookoff in Knoxville.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2016/09/13/vols-release-2017-schedule/
Who knows if the new coach of the corn dogs will have the team settled down by then ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 01:30:01 EDT »

Have you noticed that when we play a West team other than Bama they seem to be the best they've been in a good while.....Ole Miss 2 years ago....Ark last year....Miss State a few years back....Auburn. I fully expect LSU to be world beaters next year and their QB to be the leading candidate for the Heisman.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 05:44:54 EDT »

I love this schedule.  So, when was the last time the VOLS played a football season without a game vs Kentucky in November???? answer below...

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

1909!  wow.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 05:14:45 EDT by Coupe De VOL » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 01:49:41 EDT »

Have you noticed that when we play a West team other than Bama they seem to be the best they've been in a good while.....Ole Miss 2 years ago....Ark last year....Miss State a few years back....Auburn. I fully expect LSU to be world beaters next year and their QB to be the leading candidate for the Heisman.

Agree about everything except Ark. They were not all that last year.  They finished 7-5 in the regular season, one game worse than us, and also lost to Toledo.  Now, having said that, all five losses were close, so I would accept that they were better than the previous few years.

But the entire West is tough.  They finished 4th in the West last year, tied with Tamu who they beat in OT.  The only "easier" games were MSU and Auburn. 

This year, we play the team that was fifth last year, which is comparable to Arkansas last year.

The bottom line is that Ark and Tamu are much better matchups than Ole Miss and Auburn were the two years prior.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 02:08:22 EDT »

That is an attractive schedule.  The opener against Georgia Tech is a very attractive game (in their home town  ), and LSU in late November also looks good.

At you Les Miles doubters, I thought he would be out also, but they may have found a QB this past Saturday.  We will see how he fares this week against MSU.

So while we might not be impressed that he did well against Jax State, the starter was really truly putrid in that game.  And it's not like LSU needs a dominating QB, just competent is enough given their D and rush attack.

The problem is that Miles typically has average to below average (to putrid!) QB play.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 02:19:59 EDT »

Agree about everything except Ark. They were not all that last year.  They finished 7-5 in the regular season, one game worse than us, and also lost to Toledo.  Now, having said that, all five losses were close, so I would accept that they were better than the previous few years.

But the entire West is tough.  They finished 4th in the West last year, tied with Tamu who they beat in OT.  The only "easier" games were MSU and Auburn. 

This year, we play the team that was fifth last year, which is comparable to Arkansas last year.

The bottom line is that Ark and Tamu are much better matchups than Ole Miss and Auburn were the two years prior.

They play in the SEC West...the best conference division in college football. Like us...they lost some close games last year and had a sleeper game against Toledo that we were very lucky to win. They lined up and whipped our asses on the LOS....I knew it was coming and we wouldn't stop it and we didn't. Also Ark lost their best RB and WR in preseason camp. Glad we don't play them again this year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: