VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 07:33:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement from the University regarding the espn broadcast of a juicy LIE  (Read 619 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2022, 04:22:22 EDT »

Based on an Arkansas board rumour @troyeklund1 stated on the broadcast that Russell has been suspended for the season for PEDs and that the entire team was to be tested today
IMO Troy Eklund should be suspended for the rest of the year and he, as well as his network should issue a public apology as well as directly to Evan and his family!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 04:40:14 EDT »

Available to play per KNS:
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/other-sports/2022/06/04/evan-russell-available-tennessee-baseball-vs-campbell-ncaa-tournament/7510167001/

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 04:46:00 EDT »

ESPN should face some kind of consequences  for this. Completely unacceptable to falsely defame a college kid. I hope the Russells pursue all legal remedies available.

Also, I’m beginning to hate Arakansas baseball fans as much as bammer football fans. Those people are the absolute worst. 

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 04:57:47 EDT »

ESPN should face some kind of consequences  for this. Completely unacceptable to falsely defame a college kid. I hope the Russells pursue all legal remedies available.

Also, I’m beginning to hate Arakansas baseball fans as much as bammer football fans. Those people are the absolute worst. 
Agreed

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 06:12:07 EDT »

It's out of control. Eklund is a reputable guy who just did untold damage to his career because he was so anxious to believe (and repeat) a negative report about Tennessee. The guy isn't a TV rookie, or a fly-by-night broadcaster. He knows what he's doing, and in one critical moment he completely threw judgment to the wind and ran with a wild tweet from a guy with almost no followers who has no journalistic credibility and doesn't claim to have. To say that Tennessee fans are living rent-free in Arkansas fans' heads is an understatement at this point. And, at a bare minimum, Eklund should be suspended for the remainder of the postseason.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 07:53:49 EDT »

It's out of control. Eklund is a reputable guy who just did untold damage to his career because he was so anxious to believe (and repeat) a negative report about Tennessee. The guy isn't a TV rookie, or a fly-by-night broadcaster. He knows what he's doing, and in one critical moment he completely threw judgment to the wind and ran with a wild tweet from a guy with almost no followers who has no journalistic credibility and doesn't claim to have. To say that Tennessee fans are living rent-free in Arkansas fans' heads is an understatement at this point. And, at a bare minimum, Eklund should be suspended for the remainder of the postseason.

That whole dynamic is just… weird. As far as I know, Arky’s entire beef with UT is because we beat them one time last year and someone (Ferguson, I think?) pimped a HR. And ever since, their fans, players, and coaches has never missed an opportunity to take swipes at UT. Van Horn frequently does so. A couple of their players this year, unprovoked, in mid season, said they were ready to beat “that team leading the East”. FFS, they weren’t even on our schedule this year. And god forbid anyone tweet something positive about UT baseball, because their fans will immediately swarm in and shizzle all over it.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 09:51:41 EDT »

Should sue their asses off.....and hopefully finish ESPN off and bury them. This not only slandered Evan but the entire UT baseball team and staff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: