VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 03:20:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Hope Solo still playing for the USA team? Wasn't she arrested for  (Read 2387 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2014, 07:50:33 EDT »

domestic violence recently? Why no outpouring of outrage when it happened. Something is not fair and it's all getting out of hand.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 08:24:12 EDT »

Do what?
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 08:29:51 EDT »

Compare the revenue and visibility of women's national soccer to the NFL and you've got your answer.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 10:57:39 EDT »

She can practice domestic violence on me any day.  It would be well worth it.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 11:48:01 EDT »

Solo was arrested and charged with assault of her half-sister and her nephew. She is awaiting trial in November. Like or not, there is a double standard for female athletes. She is still playing for the national team and her soccer team. If people are going to scream and carry on about domestic violence, Solo needs to be supended. Or does she get to have due process of a trial, but NFL stars do not.  Solo is a major role model for females.  She is showing how to game the system and make major bucks with zero consequences.

Someone try to tell me I am wrong. You will have no arguments worth a dime.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 12:51:19 EDT »

I see that as the big bugaboo in whatever the NFL does.  Due process is the biggest cog in our justice system, does the NFL circumvent due process.  In the absence of Ray Rice/Adrian Peterson type admission and video/photographic evidence, that would seem to be a giant step away from a basic tenet.  I know the NFL can do whatever they and the players union agree to "for the good of the game", but I see lawsuits in their future either way. 

Along that line, the NFL statement/press conference today was pretty much just a further embarrassment rather than a positive action.

Solo was arrested and charged with assault of her half-sister and her nephew. She is awaiting trial in November. Like or not, there is a double standard for female athletes. She is still playing for the national team and her soccer team. If people are going to scream and carry on about domestic violence, Solo needs to be supended. Or does she get to have due process of a trial, but NFL stars do not.  Solo is a major role model for females.  She is showing how to game the system and make major bucks with zero consequences.

Someone try to tell me I am wrong. You will have no arguments worth a dime.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: