VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 05:52:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Still alive in regular season  (Read 1929 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2018, 04:36:06 EST »

I held my nose and rooted for the gatah 

Mission accomplished.  All we have to do is win out and let Auburn drop two in a row.

Their next game is very tough, on the road against Ark.  Then they close against a dangerous Junior team that is playing well right now.  So it could happen. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 04:47:44 EST »

I think we'll both lose Tuesday night, which would clinch it for them. 

But they'll most likely have to vacate the title in a few months anyway.  Silver linings.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 04:57:31 EST »

The fact that there is even a chance is amazing! This team has had an outstanding season.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 04:59:55 EST »

actually, I don't think there is a tie breaker.  Tamu and UK tied for the top spot in 2016, and they are listed as co-champions

So all it will take is one loss by Auburn and us to sweep to win a share and be co-champs

I think we can do it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southeastern_Conference_men%27s_basketball_champions

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 05:23:18 EST »

actually, I don't think there is a tie breaker.  Tamu and UK tied for the top spot in 2016, and they are listed as co-champions

So all it will take is one loss by Auburn and us to sweep to win a share and be co-champs

I think we can do it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southeastern_Conference_men%27s_basketball_champions

I think that you are correct in that we would tie for the conference championship and be named co-champions.

They would, however, be named the 1-seed in the SECT.

The fact that we can even discuss this as a possibility with only two games left in the season is CRAZY!!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 05:25:16 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 07:34:53 EST »

I think that you are correct in that we would tie for the conference championship and be named co-champions.

They would, however, be named the 1-seed in the SECT.

The fact that we can even discuss this as a possibility with only two games left in the season is CRAZY!!!

Yep, but I dont see a big difference in 1 vs 2 seeds in the SECT.

And yeah, its pretty amazing. Did not think we would be anywhere near this good.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: