VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 06:19:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you aren't loving this Broncos story this year...  (Read 5186 times)
VOLveeta
« on: December 12, 2011, 01:22:40 EST »

you're just stubborn.  UNBELIEVABLE!  Something to actually watch NFL for!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 03:35:12 EST »

Agreed...  Awesome.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 02:40:32 EST »

you're just stubborn.  UNBELIEVABLE!  Something to actually watch NFL for!

I can root for them, now that he isn't playing for the crocs.

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 02:57:11 EST »

I guess I'm living under a rock. What's the story behind the Broncos? I have not watched a single NFL game this year.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 03:10:24 EST »

I guess I'm living under a rock. What's the story behind the Broncos? I have not watched a single NFL game this year.

They've won six straight games after starting the season 2-5, and now lead their division. Tebow finds a way to get it done in every game, despite being heckled by fans and opposing players who make fun of his open display of faith.

Frankly, I hope the Broncos win the Super Bowl. But let's be realistic: Tebow gets too much of the credit. Yesterday's win was all about Denver's kicker...who hit a 51-yard FG in OT for the win, which is incredible...but not as incredible as his 59-yard FG at the end of regulation to force OT. Yet, Tebow gets the headlines despite a so-so passing game and a day that saw Denver unable to get on the scoreboard until the fourth quarter. It's hardly fair...but, to quote Nick Saban, it is what it is. 
VOLveeta
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 03:30:49 EST »

BOM,not that I disagree but Tebow is powerless to control what the media does or says.  He continues to defy everything everyone said about him and the team seems to love and be motivated by him just doing whatever it takes to get better.  And you can't ignore the fact that Tebow leads all NFL quarterbacks in total yards in the fourth quarter.  That from a kid NOBODY thought would ever leave the bench.

And Prater, holy crap... he's awesome.  He's the Bronco's Jeff Hall.     Overall it's just a great story and I have yet to see Tebow ask for any of this attention.  Apparently he is working his ass off just trying to get better each week and good Lord it's a nice change to hear this kind of story... sure beats Brett Favre & Jake Plummer stories.

On a total other note, did you see Eli last night?  He was freaking amazing!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 04:05:55 EST »

But the Broncos finally play a good team this weekend..
It is inspiring but it's not as epic to me as the media is making it out to be. 
It's a neat side-story, to me.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 04:45:12 EST »

But the Broncos finally play a good team this weekend..
It is inspiring but it's not as epic to me as the media is making it out to be. 
It's a neat side-story, to me.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 04:49:08 EST »

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 06:32:07 EST »

They've won six straight games after starting the season 2-5, and now lead their division. Tebow finds a way to get it done in every game, despite being heckled by fans and opposing players who make fun of his open display of faith.

Frankly, I hope the Broncos win the Super Bowl. But let's be realistic: Tebow gets too much of the credit. Yesterday's win was all about Denver's kicker...who hit a 51-yard FG in OT for the win, which is incredible...but not as incredible as his 59-yard FG at the end of regulation to force OT. Yet, Tebow gets the headlines despite a so-so passing game and a day that saw Denver unable to get on the scoreboard until the fourth quarter. It's hardly fair...but, to quote Nick Saban, it is what it is. 

Somebody had to get the team into field goal postion!
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 07:06:51 EST »

Somebody had to get the team into field goal postion!

Well, with a 59-yard field goal, that's pretty much just taking the kickoff and downing the ball for 3 consecutive plays. 
Crockett
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 04:06:33 EST »

To be fair to Tebow, he hasn't asked for this scrutiny. And as much as he has received undue praise so has he received undue criticism. In fact, I think the latter would have broken most players. Let us not forget the number of number QBs who have been eaten alive in this league, never amounting to much. All but a very few need curing and cultivating over many years to make it. The top QBs now certainly didn't have to go through what Tebow has had heaped on his shoulders: a losing team and a media that laughs at every throw you make. Most people would have tried to change up their game to please the critics, instead this man has gone out there and done his best, all the while with a smile on his face.

And though he didn't kick the amazing field goal, do not underestimate the power of his success has had on the team. He fights and they are willing to fight. Maybe he's taken an undue share of the attention but he's also taken an undue share of the attention, something coaches try to do at times so their team isn't the focus of the spotlight. Sometimes when the story is about someone else it allows you to just go about your business without worry. In essence, the man is what sports should be about.

Crockett
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 04:12:16 EST »

Well said, Crockett.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 11:41:42 EST »

Everytime I start to get excited about it, I suddenly remember that he is a low down Gator.  My interest immediately vanishes. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: