VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 06:00:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting stuff on Bray c/p'ed from another board  (Read 2756 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2012, 05:39:41 EDT »

People (especially opponents) have the opinion that Bray is a gunslinger who takes too many risks. Is he really?

Tyler Bray's Career #

317-532 4475yds 41td's 16int's

10 of those picks came as a true freshman
4 of them came in the last 2 games of last year with a broken pinky

He averages 8.4yds per attempt and 14.1 yards per catch.
He averages a TD every 13 attempts or every 7.7 catches.
He throws a pick every 33.2 attempts. Less than one per game

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 05:47:52 EDT »

I think he is. Only because he gives his guys a chance to make a play against man coverage. That is what the NFL will love about him. I have seen the qb gurus show the difference in what open is in the NFL as opposed to college and we have all seen enough football to know that a db stride for stride with a wr but his back to the ball the wr is essentially open. The throw the NCS guy made to the TE against lathers comes to mind. Lathers was all over him but had his back turned..........result completed pass.

That and he has great confidence in his arm to fire a ball into tight windows most can't or won't do.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 07:14:37 EDT »

I'm just tickled to death we've got a big play QB.  There's not much I loathe more than operating with a game manager QB, such as AJ Suggs, Nick Stephens, or the Simms kid.  Great guys and great teammates, don't get me wrong... but unless you've got a dominating defense and running game it's just torture. 
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 07:17:10 EDT »

a while now, I just think he has a very good understanding of his arm strength, the ability of his WRs and where the ball needs to be thrown in relation to the pass pattern and position of the defender and is confident enough in his understanding to be willing to make throws that other college QBs wouldn't or shouldn't.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 07:20:49 EDT »

a while now, I just think he has a very good understanding of his arm strength, the ability of his WRs and where the ball needs to be thrown in relation to the pass pattern and position of the defender and is confident enough in his understanding to be willing to make throws that other college QBs wouldn't or shouldn't.

Another huge point to make is the fact he's had the same Off. Coordinator his entire UT career.  We now know how big of a deal that is.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 12:55:24 EDT »

There's a fine line between "gunslinger" and "wreckless".  He hasn't crossed it. 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 04:20:42 EDT »

He is a different QB this year, you can see it easily. He is actually playing the position, taking in the mental stuff. You can even see him go through his progressions. He has thrown it to 10 different guys this year.

Bray will be a first round pick. Possible top 10.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: