VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 12:35:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michigan's problems get worse........  (Read 905 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2023, 10:35:41 EDT »

https://thespun.com/college-football/michigan-big-ten-championship-game-banned?fbclid=IwAR2STxT7Of1z1qW9uubU362BphowM3vo4jjaHkl5xSxeJFPAcUxXCUcv28Y
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 02:27:39 EDT »

I smell OSU in this somehow. 
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 03:45:03 EDT »

You've probably all seen this already, but it is fairly damning imo.

https://x.com/adamking10tv/status/1716843872267976805?s=46&t=nz6CBvyAtXmX_stjSCEfAA

The link inside that tweet is much more descriptive, btw.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 04:12:58 EDT »

Now they?re saying he was at the UT/Vandy game in Nashville last year to scout us. Apparently bought the ticket before we lost to SC, so I guess the joke was on him. 

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 04:22:33 EDT »

What if this guy's VQ post was the start of the investigation into the entire scandal?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e-FAkb2GcEV9qb3yEuq2gIp6NH-iin50/view?usp=drivesdk
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2023, 08:01:46 EDT »

What if this guy's VQ post was the start of the investigation into the entire scandal?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e-FAkb2GcEV9qb3yEuq2gIp6NH-iin50/view?usp=drivesdk

Boom!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2023, 11:02:18 EDT »

https://www.outkick.com/tennessee-fan-message-board-michigan-connor-stalions-signal-stealing-tickets/?fbclid=IwAR0TYeNR1JVnNnUbRcVztQRAWl7fxaxrUmuqhLyHaCYkMeatS-N42TMN9SA
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 03:00:55 EDT »

https://x.com/on3sports/status/1717679437553008938?s=42&t=nz6CBvyAtXmX_stjSCEfAA
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2023, 03:18:00 EDT »

Really played themselves there. UM was probably good enough to beat TCU if they played them straight up.

If all of this is proven, the NCAA has to come down HARD on every school that participated. This is integrity of the sport stuff, no different than gambling on games.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2023, 03:44:15 EDT »

Really played themselves there. UM was probably good enough to beat TCU if they played them straight up.

If all of this is proven, the NCAA has to come down HARD on every school that participated. This is integrity of the sport stuff, no different than gambling on games.
I completely agree. I think it has to be serious sanctions if proven true.

Do you think that there is any chance that Michigan would work with the NCAA, similar to what the Tennessee admin did? 🤣
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2023, 03:52:49 EDT »

I completely agree. I think it has to be serious sanctions if proven true.

Do you think that there is any chance that Michigan would work with the NCAA, similar to what the Tennessee admin did? 🤣

Hell no. They look like the NC front runner right now. They?re not sacrificing this season. I expect them to obstruct the NCAA at every turn.

UT on the other hand, was having a crappy season and stuck with a bad coach. We had every reason to cooperate, and doing so saved us millions in buyout money for a guy we were probably going to fire anyway.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2023, 03:59:06 EDT »

The local sports radio in Huntsville has a show hosted by a former Michigan player, who is obviously biased and was saying there is nothing to this.  Believe me, I take that with a huge grain of salt, but he had a guest on that said there is no NCAA rule against stealing signals.  OTOH, there is a  rule against having over a certain amount of in game scouting.  This rule was passed in the early 90s because smaller schools could not compete with the scouting budgets of larger schools.

Anyway, the upshot was that the guest was saying the rule against in game scouting, these days, is a joke due to all the video that schools have available nowadays. 

But, you know, if so....why send the scouts to the games?   

The guest also tried to dismiss the importance of the in game scouting rule, saying that the NCAA had almost done away with it in 2021 for the aforementioned reason.  BUT. They didnt.

So whatever these UM homers were saying, Michigan did violate the limits on number of games that can be scouted live.  The evidence is just devastating for that.

The NCAA is increasingly irrelevant, but this type of rule has nothing to do with NIL or recruiting, so my guess is they may come down hard on UM to show they still matter. 

I guess we will see, but anyway, I did find it interesting that the NCAA has no rule against stealing signals. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2023, 01:22:22 EDT »

The local sports radio in Huntsville has a show hosted by a former Michigan player, who is obviously biased and was saying there is nothing to this.  Believe me, I take that with a huge grain of salt, but he had a guest on that said there is no NCAA rule against stealing signals.  OTOH, there is a  rule against having over a certain amount of in game scouting.  This rule was passed in the early 90s because smaller schools could not compete with the scouting budgets of larger schools.

Anyway, the upshot was that the guest was saying the rule against in game scouting, these days, is a joke due to all the video that schools have available nowadays. 

But, you know, if so....why send the scouts to the games?   

The guest also tried to dismiss the importance of the in game scouting rule, saying that the NCAA had almost done away with it in 2021 for the aforementioned reason.  BUT. They didnt.

So whatever these UM homers were saying, Michigan did violate the limits on number of games that can be scouted live.  The evidence is just devastating for that.

The NCAA is increasingly irrelevant, but this type of rule has nothing to do with NIL or recruiting, so my guess is they may come down hard on UM to show they still matter. 

I guess we will see, but anyway, I did find it interesting that the NCAA has no rule against stealing signals. 
Stealing signals is allowed, but only during a game that you are competing or a couple of other very specific situations. Any off-campus, in-person scouting is against the rules except in very specific situations. When you add in the video aspect I suspect that it becomes even more inflammatory.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/158babsIUUdWLSwsyzcd9gq1DgA8CBr85/view?usp=drivesdk
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2023, 01:26:04 EDT »

I somewhat consider stealing signals "gamesmanship".  I mean if a player or coach notices "hey I see a pattern, when that guy gives a thumbs up they blitz", he'd be silly not to mention it.  

But sending someone to games to scout and filming are crossing the line and therefore two separate violations.  Of course I see no way to police it and find it pretty interesting that someone is outing this Michigan guy.  Guess that's what happens when you beat yankee BAMA twice.  
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2023, 02:12:08 EDT »

I somewhat consider stealing signals "gamesmanship".  I mean if a player or coach notices "hey I see a pattern, when that guy gives a thumbs up they blitz", he'd be silly not to mention it.  
I completely agree.  This, btw, is allowed under NCAA bylaws.

But sending someone to games to scout and filming are crossing the line and therefore two separate violations.  Of course I see no way to police it and find it pretty interesting that someone is outing this Michigan guy.  Guess that's what happens when you beat yankee BAMA twice.  
This C. Stalion guy was an idiot.  He apparently bragged about his role and also left an easy-to-follow paper trail.  It is quite possible that a friend of his, who posted to VQ about his antics last November (may it was December), was the reason that it initially became public.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2023, 04:40:24 EDT »

This C. Stalion guy was an idiot

I'm not sure how true this is, but during a dinner with some good USC fans tonight, it was mentioned that he was an officer in the Marines.

SimplaPhi 

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2023, 01:51:41 EDT »

I completely agree.  This, btw, is allowed under NCAA bylaws.
This C. Stalion guy was an idiot.  He apparently bragged about his role and also left an easy-to-follow paper trail.  It is quite possible that a friend of his, who posted to VQ about his antics last November (may it was December), was the reason that it initially became public.

Yes he's about as stupid as they get 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: