VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 10:53:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buh buy Jim Harbough, and I suspect Lil Beamer wll be right behind you  (Read 419 times)
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2023, 10:27:29 EDT »

https://nypost.com/2023/10/30/sports/michigan-pulls-jim-harbaugh-contract-offer-amid-cheating-scandal/

11B4PJ3F7
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 12:40:26 EDT »

I know the ncaa has taken a recent tact of ?punish the coach, not the players? when it comes to these things, but that better not be the case this time. Their current players benefited here. Other programs (ahem) were cheated of their playoff chance. Other teams? players suffered catastrophic injuries. I think UM deserves a 4 year postseason ban, and any program they ?helped? deserves 2 years. All their players should be allowed transfer out without penalty.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 12:44:34 EDT »

Gonna be interesting to see what happens if anything much....Will not be shocked to see Furball pull a Pete Carroll and bolt for the NFL.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 12:49:05 EDT »

Gonna be interesting to see what happens if anything much....Will not be shocked to see Furball pull a Pete Carroll and bolt for the NFL.

Oh, I fully expect it. He?ll escape all consequences. It sucks, but nothing can be done about it. But the UM program deserves a severe punishment too. This is ?integrity of the sport? stuff, no different than point shaving or fixing games.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 01:47:04 EDT »

Interesting situation for Michigan....we could get rid of Pruitt because he sucked arse.  Harbaugh on the other hand has a legit shot at the NC.

My guess is that UM will stall for time and then allow him to make a graceful exit to the NFL after making the playoffs (assuming he does).

Of course, the NCAA can always vacate wins, but UM is likely willing to take that chance.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 01:52:40 EDT »

I read that the NFL might make it difficult for Harbaugh. He might get a punishment even if he jumps. They called it the Jim Tressel punishment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: