VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 08:00:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bray  (Read 1872 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2012, 09:15:05 EDT »

As many have said, he has still not proven he can beat a good defense.

But what bothers me the most is his attitude and body language when we're down, especially by multiple scores.  Last night he just quit trying.  I knew the game was over once I saw his body language.  I've compared him to Casey Clausen in the past, but about the only thing the have in common is their homestate.  Casey was a warrior, and I don't see that in Bray.  He's still immature, as we've seen in the preseason.  In the final quarter he spent most of his time pointing his finger at someone else.  His two INT's were obviously poor decisions.  And his intentional grounding might have been the turning point.

But i really dont like his attitude when it's gut check time.

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 09:35:30 EDT »

Bray acts as if he doesn't care if he loses. I like a player who hates losing as much as he loves winning.

G
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 11:43:32 EDT »

He does seem to give up, and I hate that.   I can't imagine Casey, let alone Peyton, taking the field trailing two TDs in the 4th and not still giving it their all to score.  I didn't see that in Bray last night, and I am pretty sure that's why Dooley spiked the ball at the end there.  Bray needs to grow a pair in those situations when he is behind.  IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 02:26:43 EDT »

Turning into Check-down Charlie would do Bray good. I'm rarely one to try to draw conclusions about people I don't know, but I was very concerned by Bray's body language. He seemed pretty disconcerted, but that was only from my seat high in the end zone so I could be wrong. 

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: