VTTW Board Index
May 28, 2024, 04:13:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coach Jones will be introduced today at a 2:30 p.m. press conference...  (Read 1902 times)
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2012, 04:07:16 EST »

...to be held in the Peyton Manning Locker Room at Neyland Stadium.  If it is streamed live and I see a link, I will post it.   If you see the link first, add it in this thread.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:14:02 EST by TheRealOrange » Logged
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 06:02:53 EST »

The story (link in the "News" section at the top of the board) has been updated and includes a couple Jones comments:

"It is truly an honor and a privilege to be the head football coach at the University of Tennessee," said Jones. "I understand the values, traditions, and level of expectations that come with this position, and I look forward to being a part of the Vol Nation.

"I'd like to especially thank Chancellor Cheek and Dave Hart for giving me this great opportunity, and I look forward to the Vols achieving excellence both on and off the field for many years to come."

Standard stuff, but....  Still no link to watch the press conference live as far as I could tell.
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 06:12:43 EST »

The story (link in the "News" section at the top of the board) has been updated and includes a couple Jones comments:

"It is truly an honor and a privilege to be the head football coach at the University of Tennessee," said Jones. "I understand the values, traditions, and level of expectations that come with this position, and I look forward to being a part of the Vol Nation.

"I'd like to especially thank Chancellor Cheek and Dave Hart for giving me this great opportunity, and I look forward to the Vols achieving excellence both on and off the field for many years to come."

Standard stuff, but....  Still no link to watch the press conference live as far as I could tell.

WATE will have it at 2 pm  http://www.wate.com/story/20286123/butch-jones-named-head-football-coach-at-ut

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - University of Cincinnati head football coach Butch Jones was named Friday the next head football coach at Tennessee.

University of Tennessee officials say Jones will be introduced at 2:30 p.m. Friday in a news conference in Knoxville.

6 News will carry the news conference live on WATE and WATE.com beginning at 2 p.m.

Jones replaced Derek Dooley, who was fired from the head coach job one game short of three seasons.

Jones met with team members early Friday in a closed-door meeting to tell them he had accepted the Tennessee job.

Jones was head coach at Cincinnati, where he earned a 23-14 overall record and went 12-9 in the Big East Conference. The Bearcats finished the 2012 regular season 9-3 (5-2), and tied for first in the Big East.

Cincinnati will play Duke on Dec. 27 in the Belk Bowl. Last year, Jones' team beat Vanderbilt 31-24 in the Liberty Bowl.

Jones and his wife, Barb, have three sons
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 08:39:30 EST »

http://www.utsports.com/allaccess/?media=357207
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: