VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 04:49:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Basketball post!  (Read 1874 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2014, 08:36:36 EDT »

So let's talk about this upcoming season. Donnie Tyndall says that if the season started here's what the starting lineup would be:

F Josh Richardson  6'6 Sr
F Willie Carmichael 6'8 Fr
F Derek Reese 6'8 Jr
G Armani Moore 6'5 Jr
P Kevin Punter 6'4 Jr

He wants a 9 man rotation and the following would play off the bench now...could change in the future

G Devon Baulkman 6'5 Jr
G Detrick Mostella 6'3 Fr
G Robert Hubbs 6'6 Soph
F Jabari McGhee 6'8 Fr

Transfer C Dominic Woodson, who is 6'10 280, is one to watch as he increases his playing shape. He has good skills, but Tyndall wants him at 265.
Also one to watch is 6'10 F Tariq Owens, who is really thin and likely needs a RS year to bulk up.
A bit disappointing is Ian Chiles, who transferred from IUPUI to play as a grad student at PG, but has not really done well so far.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 09:25:34 EDT »

So let's talk about this upcoming season. Donnie Tyndall says that if the season started here's what the starting lineup would be:

F Josh Richardson  6'6 Sr
F Willie Carmichael 6'8 Fr
F Derek Reese 6'8 Jr
G Armani Moore 6'5 Jr
P Kevin Punter 6'4 Jr

He wants a 9 man rotation and the following would play off the bench now...could change in the future

G Devon Baulkman 6'5 Jr
G Detrick Mostella 6'3 Fr
G Robert Hubbs 6'6 Soph
F Jabari McGhee 6'8 Fr

Transfer C Dominic Woodson, who is 6'10 280, is one to watch as he increases his playing shape. He has good skills, but Tyndall wants him at 265.
Also one to watch is 6'10 F Tariq Owens, who is really thin and likely needs a RS year to bulk up.
A bit disappointing is Ian Chiles, who transferred from IUPUI to play as a grad student at PG, but has not really done well so far.

From the press conference it sounded to me like Moore was playing the 4, Carmichael the 5, Reese the 3, and Richardson the 2. He also said Moore was our best post defender at 6'5".

I really like listening to Tyndall talk about his team and about basketball. He's a weird looking guy and may not have the background your typical coach may have, but I think the guy  is really bright and relates exceptional well to players. I think he'll do very well, though this first team is going to struggle. We don't have a post player who is ready and no real PG at all. But it's still going to be fun to watch.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 01:05:11 EDT »

MY expectations for this team are not high. Too many new pieces. However they would have been worse with the team Cuonzo would have fielded.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: