VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 09:19:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'll get over it by Thursday, I promise. But ya'll are going to have to...  (Read 1878 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2022, 02:50:18 EDT »

...indulge me for a little while longer. On that note, I'll just leave this here:

https://twitter.com/Gina_VFL/status/1503149088413392896?s=20&t=VkQDUCitbaCY69W5NZp5lw

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 02:59:29 EDT »

Tennessee is forever the 2022 SEC Tournament Champions!!!

Just win!!!!

Winning makes the selection committeee's antics irrelevant.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 03:19:44 EDT »

Tennessee is forever the 2022 SEC Tournament Champions!!!

Just win!!!!

Winning makes the selection committeee's antics irrelevant.

My cousin (who just got named head coach at South Doyle, btw) tweeted this, and I thought it was pretty good:

Don’t get lost in seeding arguments or what could/should be. You’ll drive yourself crazy never celebrating victories!

Championships are special! Championships are unique! Championships are tough!

It’s ok to enjoy the moment AND have a passionate desire for future success!

It’s coach speak, I know… still.  We did something SPECIAL today and have the opportunity to do something even more special in front of us.  Go Vols!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 03:56:25 EDT »

My cousin (who just got named head coach at South Doyle, btw) tweeted this, and I thought it was pretty good:

Don’t get lost in seeding arguments or what could/should be. You’ll drive yourself crazy never celebrating victories!

It’s coach speak, I know… still.  We did something SPECIAL today and have the opportunity to do something even more special in front of us.  Go Vols!

Wise man.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 03:57:28 EDT »

Well said JeffCo and Vinnie.

As for Lunardi, I think he had a really good source, and didn't necessarily see UT as a 3 seed. However, he couldn't divulge that, so he had to act like the math was his.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 04:53:26 EDT »

I don't disagree at all with the sentiment. But it also has to be said that Calipari has been right all these years...the conference tournament doesn't mean jack.
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 04:54:37 EDT »

Well said JeffCo and Vinnie.

As for Lunardi, I think he had a really good source, and didn't necessarily see UT as a 3 seed. However, he couldn't divulge that, so he had to act like the math was his.

Yes, I think it's clear now that while Lunardi is good at his craft, some of his "insight" is actually someone feeding him info from the inside. No way he predicts UT as a 3-seed if he isn't getting that from someone on the committee.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2022, 04:58:39 EDT »

I don't disagree at all with the sentiment. But it also has to be said that Calipari has been right all these years...the conference tournament doesn't mean jack.

Only matters to a team that's out and wins it all to get in. It's nothing more than big money to the conference.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2022, 05:13:00 EDT »

Forget the tourney
In one month, after beating Kentucky, Auburn and Arkansas and all the other games we moved up one spot to 10th!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2022, 05:29:48 EDT »

Yes, I think it's clear now that while Lunardi is good at his craft, some of his "insight" is actually someone feeding him info from the inside. No way he predicts UT as a 3-seed if he isn't getting that from someone on the committee.

I think that was made quite evident today when Reese Davis pressed him on this question and he couldn’t give a legit answer, instead hiding behind his super-secret “algorithm”. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2022, 09:26:49 EDT »

I choose to believe that it qas based on long experience.  I think whatever algorithm he has is crap. He doesn't strike me  as much of a mathematician. Just MOs.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2022, 01:25:38 EDT »

That's good stuff.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2022, 04:47:08 EDT »

That's my alma mater.  Good luck to your cuz!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2022, 05:56:48 EDT »

I can't read that because I am suspended from Twitter.   

The official reason is that I responded to a tweet on the security detail for Mike Pompeo, who is apparently being targeted for assassination by Iraq in retaliation for the general that we killed under Trump. Someone was complaining about taxpayers paying for that, and I tweeted "Yeah we should just let them kill him, because that's a way to look strong internationally#rolleyes".

So I am suspended for encouraging someone to be killed. They apparently missed that my response was sarcastic.   

I have appealed the suspension.

OTOH, (I was suspended yesterday), two days ago Twitter sent me a survey asking me to rate them. I gave them one star, and in the comments I typed "Your CEO is a shroom-swilling idiot!".

So...let me open that up to opinions.  Which one of these was I actually suspended for?   

For the record, to get my account back, all I have to do is delete the "offending" tweet and click some boxes agreeing to play nice from now on, which will take a minute or less.  But i want to see what they do with my appeal.

In the meantime I can't read any tweets.   

I can always just create another account, but that's too much effort for this. I can live without tweets for a few days.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2022, 07:17:28 EDT »

The official reason is that I responded to a tweet on the security detail for Mike Pompeo, who is apparently being targeted for assassination by Iraq in retaliation for the general that we killed under Trump. Someone was complaining about taxpayers paying for that, and I tweeted "Yeah we should just let them kill him, because that's a way to look strong internationally#rolleyes".

So I am suspended for encouraging someone to be killed. They apparently missed that my response was sarcastic.   

OTOH, (I was suspended yesterday), two days ago Twitter sent me a survey asking me to rate them. I gave them one star, and in the comments I typed "Your CEO is a shroom-swilling idiot!".

So...let me open that up to opinions.  Which one of these was I actually suspended for?   

For the record, to get my account back, all I have to do is delete the "offending" tweet and click some boxes agreeing to play nice from now on, which will take a minute or less.  But i want to see what they do with my appeal.

I can always just create another account, but that's too much effort for this. I can live without tweets for a few days.
you will also get seven (7) days in timeout, unable to tweet

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2022, 09:11:58 EDT »

I wish someone would kill Twatter

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2022, 09:39:37 EDT »

I wish someone would kill Twatter

Facebook is the Devil. Twitter is the spawn of the Devil.
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2022, 02:47:47 EDT »

Hopefully Barnes take that #3 seed, dips it in a little concrete to form a chip, and then places it on the teams shoulder.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2022, 03:41:51 EDT »

We actually didn't get in that bad of a bracket in the NCAAT. It could be worse.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2022, 05:58:46 EDT »

you will also get seven (7) days in timeout, unable to tweet

Oh okay. I could care less about tweeting, for the most part.  These days you do need to be able to read tweets to keep up on sports though.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2022, 08:16:43 EDT »

So if I delete cookies, I can read tweets.  Twitter can't tell who I am.

Thus I can read whatever i want.  I am just going to let that appeal simmer.  Why tweet and give the #badword#s more traffic?  fizzle twitter and their fizzleed up CEO anyway.   

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2022, 03:23:25 EDT »

So if I delete cookies, I can read tweets.  Twitter can't tell who I am.

Thus I can read whatever i want.  I am just going to let that appeal simmer.  Why tweet and give the #badword#s more traffic?  fizzle twitter and their fizzleed up CEO anyway.   

Parler or Truth Social may be where its at for you 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: