VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 12:06:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN Gameday coming to Knoxville Saturday for the first time since 2004.***  (Read 4285 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2012, 06:24:55 EDT »

`
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 06:27:50 EDT »

`

That a**hole Corso will probably put on a Gator Head

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 06:34:23 EDT »

Wow- wasn't expecting that.  I bet they had planned to go to Arky/Bama until Arky lost last night.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 06:35:20 EDT »

Wow- wasn't expecting that.  I bet they had planned to go to Arky/Bama until Arky lost last night.

Yeah,UT-Florida is a better choice. I don't think they want to be in Arkansas for a 42-7 game. Does anyone have Tennessee's record when ESPN game day visits?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:44:49 EDT by WoodstockVol » Logged

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 06:45:29 EDT »

I'm guessing they still set up by TBA?  That's a terrible location, but I guess there's really nowhere else to put them.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 06:47:56 EDT »

I'm guessing they still set up by TBA?  That's a terrible location, but I guess there's really nowhere else to put them.

They don't want stuff possibly thrown at them. They aren't very well received after past comments about UT fans

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 07:46:18 EDT »

It's a great view but a long way away from all the hustle and bustle around the stadium.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 07:51:07 EDT »

It's a great view but a long way away from all the hustle and bustle around the stadium.

And unlike everywhere else they go, the fans are out in front of them (and behind the cameras), and thus not visible for most of the telecast.  Our campus just doesn't have any wide open spaces that allow for such a production.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 08:34:15 EDT »

My opinion is they could set up in front of the stadium where Kesling does his pregame show....if they wanted to.

And all the comments about UT or whatever are in the DISTANT past.  I would hope we have all moved on....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 11:33:25 EDT »

I am shocked they didn't go to ND/Michigan St after Ark lost.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 11:45:22 EDT »

My opinion is they could set up in front of the stadium where Kesling does his pregame show....if they wanted to.

And all the comments about UT or whatever are in the DISTANT past.  I would hope we have all moved on....

I think they could do Gameday itself in that Gate 21 area that morning.  The problem is, they usually do the scoreboard show on location immediately before and after the game, and that just wouldn't be possible.  I'll bet over half of our crowds enter and exit the stadium at that end, and that would be chaos.

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 12:28:15 EDT »

Piss on espn....there's not one thing I like about them!  let them go stroke their "big 10+" conference....could care less if they step foot in Tennessee.  Hope they're transportation delays them where they can't do the show at TN.   On a side note................................................GO VOLS  KICK SOME GATOR ASS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: