VTTW Board Index
May 28, 2024, 11:46:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drat...........  (Read 1420 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2021, 03:09:09 EST »

How could they lose to these dregs?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 03:12:15 EST »

Go 13 minutes without a FG and you can lose to anybody. 

We're offensively challenged. I don't know why. We have too many athletes to be this bad on that end of the floor.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 03:24:50 EST »

I'm a big Rick Barnes fan, but the offense that we used against that 3/4 court trap was terrible.  They were in a 1-2-1-1 set and we attacked it with a 1-2 wide attack.  We matched it up for them.  Also, we didn't flash the middle and attack the gaps.

That was disappointing.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 03:26:59 EST »

We just aren't that good of a BB team right now......Good teams don't play like we did tonight and get beat by a 8-8 team and their first win against a ranked team in 2 years.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 03:32:31 EST »

We missed a bunch of makeable shots, we missed FTs, we got outworked in the second half, and had a truckload of turnovers. 

That usually equals a loss.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 04:41:58 EST »

After playing so well against Kansas. This team needs to get some consistency. If it doesn't, it won't win an SEC title or go far in the tourney. Be honest, how many expected this team to win the SEC title before the season started? I would bet not too many. They still could win it but they need to step it up. We have KY twice, UF, LSU and S.Carolina, Vandy, UGa coming up. We are better than all these teams. How of these many do we win? UF embarrassed us the first time.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 04:57:41 EST »

I went back and watched the last 10 minutes of the game again.

Somewhere around the 7:30 mark of the second half, with the score 42-35, Ole Miss went to the trapping 3/4 court D.  They were basically using a 1-3-1 trap.  We attacked with a 1-2-2 type offensive setup.  We committed turnover after turnover. 

At about the 5:00 mark, after a timeout I think, with the score now 42-43, we changed to a 2-1-2 offensive setup.  After the offensive change we only turned the ball over once against the trap and had some good looks at the bucket (we missed them all).
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 05:27:27 EST »

Go 13 minutes without a FG and you can lose to anybody. 

We're offensively challenged. I don't know why. We have too many athletes to be this bad on that end of the floor.

We were totally snakebit there for a while.  We took good shots but nothing would go down.  I have not seen a series of in and out, run around the rim and not go in sequence of shots in my life.  It was as if the Rebs put grease on the hoop iron or something.  Totally inexplicable.  It did not help that we lost the ball a lot during that sequence as well.  I don't think we played horrible, but the comment that Barnes reacted to the zone poorly is a good point.  However, we took a lot of good open shots and even made nice moves to get in the paint and NOTHING.....WOULD.....fizzleING......FALL.  Very frustrating to watch.  That is certainly a game we had no business losing.  OM did play good D though.  Give them some credit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: