VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 03:53:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bama may hire Bruce  (Read 7191 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2014, 04:39:38 EST »

Most Bama fans say Grant is gone. They want Bruce. All I can say is we'd better hire him or we will regret it. Bruce to Bama will be horrible

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 04:41:39 EST »

Admittedly, I've not followed Alabama closely, but it's still amazing to me that so many fans down there are ready to dump Grant after one bad season.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:57:59 EST »

Admittedly, I've not followed Alabama closely, but it's still amazing to me that so many fans down there are ready to dump Grant after one bad season.

He hasn't really done a damn thing at Bama. They have been average to below average his whole tenure.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 06:01:21 EST »

I am sure it would be with Slive's blessing too, unless we hired him back.       
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 06:33:26 EST »

I don't see Bruce living in Tuscaloosa.  I just don't. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 06:36:47 EST »

He hasn't really done a damn thing at Bama. They have been average to below average his whole tenure.

He inherited a team that Gottfried had let decline and after a 17-15 1st season had gone 69-37 in 3 seasons coming into this season, including 1st NCAA berth since 2006, and two NIT trips to Madison Square Garden. For Alabama, that isn't half bad.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 08:45:12 EST »

I don't see Bruce living in Tuscaloosa.  I just don't. 

He doesn't have to. Birmingham has some nice areas he can live in. Saban doesn't live in Tuscaloosa

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 08:56:28 EST »

He doesn't have to. Birmingham has some nice areas he can live in. Saban doesn't live in Tuscaloosa

Saban doesn't live in Birmingham, either.  He lives just South of Tuscaloosa.  A young man who played for Saban whom I know very well showed me Saban's house when I was in Tuscaloosa last year. 

I am talking about the Alabama culture.  It took Pearl a while to adjust to the culture of Knoxville, and it's not nearly as Dixie as is Tuscaloosa.  And I don't see Pearl going to a place that has another coach who is worshiped and revered like the Alabama wackos do Saban. 

Just don't see it happening. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 08:58:44 EST »

And an addendum:  Living in Birmingham isn't much different from living in Tuscaloosa from that perspective.  I'd choose Tuscaloosa.  Birmingham is a filthy poorly governed and nasty city. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 09:09:58 EST »

I have to agree. If there's anything nice about Birmingham, I've yet to find it. I've always thought it to be the nastiest city in the South. Nothing desirable about it for me.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 09:14:04 EST »

I've always thought it to be the nastiest city in the South.

Actually, Birmingham is the second nastiest city in the South, right behind Montgomery and slightly ahead of Jackson, Mississippi. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 09:17:28 EST »

And an addendum:  Living in Birmingham isn't much different from living in Tuscaloosa from that perspective.  I'd choose Tuscaloosa.  Birmingham is a filthy poorly governed and nasty city. 

B'ham proper is nasty, but it has some decent suburbs. Hoover, Helena, Pelham are nice, and within the city Mt Brook is a very nice area.

Hell I worked in Tuscaloosa for 4 years and I didn't live in Tuscaloosa, it's a huge dump. I lived in Hoover.

I don't think Saban fits the culture either, but you can find a bit of your own people everywhere you go. I doubt if Bruce took the job he'd be hanging out with the rednecks and ghetto boys.

I hope like hell Bama does not come after him, but money talks in this type of thing. Bruce loves the Vols, and I hope we get him instead. I'm sure he'd rather it be that way as well.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 09:18:17 EST »

Actually, Birmingham is the second nastiest city in the South, right behind Montgomery and slightly ahead of Jackson, Mississippi. 

Memphis isn't much better.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 09:24:00 EST »

Memphis isn't much better.

Yeah, I know.  Trying not to dog our own state, even if it is Memphis. 

At least Memphis has some decent barbecue places and good music venues.  Dreamland is one of the most over rated eateries I have ever visited.  It tastes no better than the frozen stuff they sell at grocery stores now. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 11:17:40 EST »

Yeah, I know.  Trying not to dog our own state, even if it is Memphis. 

At least Memphis has some decent barbecue places and good music venues.  Dreamland is one of the most over rated eateries I have ever visited.  It tastes no better than the frozen stuff they sell at grocery stores now. 

Dreamland sucks, but B'Ham area does have some good BBQ places. You're right about bbq in Memphis...awesome. In fact, food in general is awesome in that area.

Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 12:15:56 EST »

The Bama alum that told me Bama was going to hire Saban when there was NO indication he was going there (and I laughed in the guy's face), told me today they were going to hire Pearl soon.  If we're going to do something, we better not screw around. When I look at this team I keep asking myself what would Pearl be able to do with the same talent.  I think we all know the answer.  I have every confidence that the UT brass will muck this up.   
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 01:41:34 EST »

Oh please no!!   Keep Pearl in Knoxville!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 06:36:48 EST »

The Bama alum that told me Bama was going to hire Saban when there was NO indication he was going there (and I laughed in the guy's face), told me today they were going to hire Pearl soon.  If we're going to do something, we better not screw around. When I look at this team I keep asking myself what would Pearl be able to do with the same talent.  I think we all know the answer.  I have every confidence that the UT brass will muck this up.   

He's probably just effing with you, but you never know.  Bill Battle may be nursing a long running grudge....heck that might even help explain the Kiffin hire.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: