VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 08:42:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A drip here and a drip there......then the NCAA comes calling..........  (Read 2515 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2015, 05:21:58 EDT »

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2015/10/13/former-coach-saunders-may-have-committed-violations/73892168/
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 05:42:02 EDT »

IMO it's a matter of time until the NCAA drops a hammer on OM. There's been some funny things going on in Oxford the past 2-3 years. The NCAA doesn't like the little boys recruiting so well.....Meanwhile.....still crickets at UNC!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 09:35:30 EDT »

The allegations in that article predate Freeze.  And really, I can't see why anyone would question his regime, anyway.  I don't find it the least bit odd that as soon as he rolled into town, a parade of 5* recruits started flocking to...

-A program with scant tradition, and the worst SEC facilities this side of Vanderbilt;

-A coach whose career to that point consisted of one year of D-1 head coaching experience at Arkansas State, and whose greatest accomplishments came at the high school level;

-Arguably the most backwater, remote location in the SEC, in a state that hadn't even ratified the 13th amendment yet.

No, that doesn't strike me as odd.  Not one little bit.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 11:10:09 EDT »

The main point is nobody cares if you cheat until you start winning. Once you win a few games you garner their attention. I in no way, believe our program is beyond reproach. What is kinda funny is the teams that cheat and still lose. Those teams are all around, in all conferences. Yet fans of every team cast stones at the ones who get caught, while overlooking stuff their own school does. We are all kinda hypocritical. If it's our school getting investigated, we call it a witch hunt. If it's one of our rivals it is "cheating bastards deserve it". Anyone disagree? Or agree?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 11:32:25 EDT »

The allegations in that article predate Freeze.  And really, I can't see why anyone would question his regime, anyway.  I don't find it the least bit odd that as soon as he rolled into town, a parade of 5* recruits started flocking to...

-A program with scant tradition, and the worst SEC facilities this side of Vanderbilt;

-A coach whose career to that point consisted of one year of D-1 head coaching experience at Arkansas State, and whose greatest accomplishments came at the high school level;

-Arguably the most backwater, remote location in the SEC, in a state that hadn't even ratified the 13th amendment yet.

No, that doesn't strike me as odd.  Not one little bit.

It's almost certain they are cheating.  It will be really interesting to see what comes of their OL whose step father squealed.  And not incidentally, he was a big part of their success and at least part of the reason they struggled at UF (they also have a couple injuries to the OL and are having a hard time running the ball).

Will they get busted?  With a lot of people, including the FREAKING PRESIDENT    advocating open pay of college athletes, I think the NCAA has backed way the hell off.  I would almost be surprised if they do anything to Ole Miss.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: