VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 11:58:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Basilio says that Neyland vendors have been told....  (Read 1847 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2017, 04:24:51 EDT »

......to expect a crowd of about 50,000 tomorrow. I don't know how he would know but I hope it isn't true.

If it is true, it's going to look really bad on prime time TV. I hope no potential recruits are watching.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 04:36:06 EDT »

If the fans stay away and the stadium is mostly empty, then Currie and Chancellor Davenport will be to blame. Their complete disregard of the fans, paying lip service and fiddling while Rome burns, and refusing to even address fan dissatisfaction regarding Butch should be a wake-up call to them. When about 1/2 of your entire AD revenue is based on fans buying tickets and donations, you cannot keep talking about the next game is the only thing that matters. Will it be a bad look on national TV when you keep boasting that 100,000 fans are always there? Yes it will. But do not blame the fans for expecting UT to put an SEC team on the field with a MAC-level coach. Put a competitive product on the field Tell the fans you want a winner on the field. Act like you care. Hell, act like you have a pulse.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 06:03:44 EDT »

If the fans stay away and the stadium is mostly empty, then Currie and Chancellor Davenport will be to blame. Their complete disregard of the fans, paying lip service and fiddling while Rome burns, and refusing to even address fan dissatisfaction regarding Butch should be a wake-up call to them. When about 1/2 of your entire AD revenue is based on fans buying tickets and donations, you cannot keep talking about the next game is the only thing that matters. Will it be a bad look on national TV when you keep boasting that 100,000 fans are always there? Yes it will. But do not blame the fans for expecting UT to put an SEC team on the field with a MAC-level coach. Put a competitive product on the field Tell the fans you want a winner on the field. Act like you care. Hell, act like you have a pulse.

"Fiddling while Rome burns" is such an overused expression - BUT - it is so appropriate in this case, isn't it?  That is exactly what is happening.  Some folks accuse the Fire Butch crowd of overreacting and being knee jerk, and I have to wonder....have they even been paying attention these last few years?  I don't even consider myself a "Fire Butch" person, however it is obvious he is not going to work out.  the signs of that have been there from the beginning - he has not improved his game - and this season really drives it home - HE IS NOT GOING TO GET THE JOB DONE, PERIOD. 

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 07:34:22 EDT »

It wasn't Tony who said that.  It was Beano, and Beano was passing on what a friend of his who runs a concessions stand was told by the game management folks at UT.  They let them know every week what kind of crowd to expect so they can plan accordingly. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 07:53:59 EDT »

Just the usual pot-stirring to gain a few tenths of a percent ratings and try to make a few bucks 

In fairness, a buddy of mine is going and has a ticket and I didn't exactly jump at the chance to go.

Vandy might end up being the only game i go to this year.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: