VTTW Board Index
May 25, 2024, 03:48:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock changes in SEC teams  (Read 1168 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2012, 08:48:32 EDT »

South Carolina....UP, after yesterday.  East Carolina is probably terrible, but they proved their backup QB can really play.  In fact, he may be the starter by the time they play us.  I was very happy with Connor cause he can't throw worth a lick, and I thought that gave us a chance, but now I am afraid their backup will start and be a real passing threat.

MSU - UP, after yesterday.  Auburn is terrible, and their QB probably shouldn't start a HS game, let alone in the SEC, but MSU looked very good and physical yesterday.  Our road trip there, sandwiched between uga and bammer, is going to be a very tough game.

UF - Down a bit, after yesterday.  They did not look good at all vs. Tamu, although they did get it done.  Their run game in particular did not impress me and "boom" has been emphasizing it.  I like our chances against them, but of course we have a long way to go to be "back" also.  Still, I am looking forward to the UF game and am hopeful about for the first time since at least 2006, and possibly 2002.

Bammer - down a bit, after yesterday.  First and foremost, Michigan was awful again yesterday at home, barely beating Air Force 31-28.  That takes a good deal of the shine off their first game.  Second, their own fans say they looked sluggish yesterday and McCarron got sacked 6 times.  That does not change the fact that they still have one of the best, if not the best, defenses in the country and are still one of the best teams in the country.  But less so than last week.

Uga - up a bit, after yesterday.  Looked bad at the beginning but strong at the end, which is usuallly the sign of a strong team.  Plus they had a ton of suspensions to overcome.  Looking like the clear favorite to win the East, and not just due to their ridiculously easy schedule.

Missouri - up a bit, after yesterday.  I was impressed by the way they took it to uga, but then of course they wilted late in the game.  Still, I think this is definitely a team that will challenge us.

Vandy - down. got pummeled by Northwestern.  Looking more and more like the same ole vandy....

IMO, our games against USC and MSU are now much tougher than I thought, and Missouri is perhaps a bit tougher.  Which makes the UF game even bigger for our success this season, if that's possible...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: