VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 03:01:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apparently my taste in cinema remains as poor as ever...  (Read 4900 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2012, 04:24:17 EST »

...the Oscar nominations came out today, and I haven't seen a single nominated film.  Not one.  Not even in the minor categories.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/121/1217029p1.html

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 04:32:50 EST »

The only one I saw was Harry Potter, and it was only nominated for a few effects/art/makeup awards. But I rarely go see movies, so that's not a surprise.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 04:48:19 EST »

I have seen none, but my wife has seen The Help, Bridesmaids, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, and Kung Fu Panda 2.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Salvador VOLi
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 04:55:07 EST »

I don't know if any of you all have seen The Muppets (I have two little girls who kind of loved it), but anyway, there is a song in it called Man or a Muppet that was nominated for Best Song that is really good.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cRTjksM3YAs&amp;ob=av3e" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cRTjksM3YAs&amp;ob=av3e</a>

My youngest daughter (3 11/12) sings this song as loudly as any other when we play it in the car.  It is really cute.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:58:26 EST by Salvador VOLi » Logged
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 05:01:57 EST »

I don't know if any of you all have seen The Muppets (I have two little girls who kind of loved it), but anyway, there is a song in it called Man or a Muppet that was nominated for Best Song that is really good.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cRTjksM3YAs&amp;ob=av3e" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cRTjksM3YAs&amp;ob=av3e</a>

My youngest daughter (3 11/12) sings this song as loudly as any other when we play it in the car.  It is really cute.

Actually I did see the Muppets and after a painful first 10 minutes it really grew on me and turned out to be a good movie. Of course Amy Adams could save just about anything for me... good Lord.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Salvador VOLi
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 05:07:26 EST »

Of course Amy Adams could save just about anything for me... good Lord.

She was also in Enchanted (one of my older daughter's favorites) and she had a similar effect on that movie.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 05:20:04 EST »

She was also in Enchanted (one of my older daughter's favorites) and she had a similar effect on that movie.

She's unbelievable. 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 09:15:03 EST »

Out of best movies, I have seen "Tree of Life". It was good.

I have also seen the Swedish version of "Girl with Dragon Tattoo", and it was an incredible film. I have heard the Hollywood version is very good.

I have seen Kung Fu Panda 2, Harry Potter, The Adventures of Tintin, Rise of the planet of the apes, and Puss in Boots - all were good movies

Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 01:27:07 EST »

...the Oscar nominations came out today, and I haven't seen a single nominated film.  Not one.  Not even in the minor categories.

[/quote1

Don't you mostly go to superhero movies and stuff?  Those kind of movies almost never win.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 02:30:43 EST »

[/quote1

Don't you mostly go to superhero movies and stuff?  Those kind of movies almost never win.

I don't see many movies in the theater period (obviously), but the ones I DO go to tend to be the "bigger" action movies and such, just because they look better on the bigger screen.  I'm not as particular about what I watch in my living room, but I haven't even seen any of this year's nominees from home. And I have no interest in seeing most of them (although GWTDT and The Iron Lady look pretty good).

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 06:31:29 EST »

I have seen Hugo, the Help, and Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  I would recommend all of them. 

Although I went to see Dragon Tattoo with a lady friend, without realizing how graphic it was    It ended up being no big deal, but I cringed a bit at a couple of the scenes due to my companion.  She ended up just being happy the girl (spoiler alert) evened the score.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 01:08:12 EST »

I took part of Saturday off while tending for my sick wife to go see Underground Awakening. I told my wife Kate Beckinsale in skin-tight leather at IMAX 3D --I'm there. She said you always have liked Kate Beckinsale in leather so go on.

After I got home, I cooked supper because she is too sick to stand up very long right now.

I have seen very few of nominated movies, because....well, they suck. JMHO
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 07:12:23 EST »

I took part of Saturday off while tending for my sick wife to go see Underground Awakening. I told my wife Kate Beckinsale in skin-tight leather at IMAX 3D --I'm there. She said you always have liked Kate Beckinsale in leather so go on.

After I got home, I cooked supper because she is too sick to stand up very long right now.

I have seen very few of nominated movies, because....well, they suck. JMHO

That one is on my list.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: