VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 04:17:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for gamers...  (Read 3291 times)
VOLveeta
« on: November 17, 2012, 09:14:30 EST »

My Xbox 360 has failed again and it's probably time to retire it.  Is there a newer version, to your knowledge, that is more durable than the original?  Has the red ring of death issue been resolved?  I've got a PS3 and it's been even less dependable and I REALLY prefer the xbox.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
yer palâ„¢,
VOLveeta
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 09:26:07 EST »

Wow, both of your consoles have consistently failed?  Are they in a well ventilated location while in operation?
VOLveeta
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 09:27:49 EST »

Vinnie, they practically have their own bedrooms!     It's ridiculous.  And it's not like I use them that much, mostly for streaming netflix!  But both are original models, so...
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 10:17:22 EST »

FWIW, my newer, black model has been used twice as much as both my originals (RROD two times) and is still going strong.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 10:19:35 EST »

Vinnie, they practically have their own bedrooms!     It's ridiculous.  And it's not like I use them that much, mostly for streaming netflix!  But both are original models, so...

That suxes.  I've got an original PS3 that I've even been somewhat rough on, and never had an issue.  I don't knowmuch about the xbox models, but I would venture to guess the newer, slimmer PS3's are more dependable.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 10:23:04 EST »

I'm going to start a PS campaign soon as the release date for the next generation of consoles nears. When I game online it is mostly with family, who are all on Xbox. But outside of family, most people I would game with are on PS3. American > Japanese except when it's Bill Gates. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 10:26:10 EST »

I'm going to start a PS campaign soon as the release date for the next generation of consoles nears. When I game online it is mostly with family, who are all on Xbox. But outside of family, most people I would game with are on PS3. American > Japanese except when it's Bill Gates. 

You'll have a PSN friend invite from me waiting on you.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 10:27:53 EST »

Seriously, Xbox seems to have corrected the notorious mechanical issues with the original 360 console, but why are we still having to pay ~$70/yr. for Xbox Live while PSN is free?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 10:40:34 EST »

Seriously, Xbox seems to have corrected the notorious mechanical issues with the original 360 console, but why are we still having to pay ~$70/yr. for Xbox Live while PSN is free?

Yep.  I've never owned a single xbox, always been a PS buyer.
VOLveeta
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 10:52:26 EST »

Yep... I think I may roll the dice on the slim xbox.  I love xbox live, it's such a great interface and very dependable.  I like all the little options that come with it and it's very stable.  I also GREATLY prefer the xbox controller.  My PS3 controller constantly runs out of charge and I hate how flimsy it feels in comparison.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: