VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 12:21:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATT Uverse  (Read 4822 times)
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:21:10 EST »

I do not recommend.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:37:46 EST »

Hmmm.. just today I was looking on their website to see if it was finally available in my area.

I guess while my home interwebz is embarrassingly slow, it is pretty reliable.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:52:49 EST by VinnieVOL » Logged
10EC
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 03:52:38 EST »

Hmmm.. just today I was looking on their website to see if it was finally available in my area.

Honestly, Comcast Internet is so much better and more reliable.  Just my experience though...
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 03:55:46 EST »

Honestly, Comcast Internet is so much better and more reliable.  Just my experience though...

Oh I'd give anything to have Comcast again, but unfortunately it's not an option where we built our home.   We had Comcast in the apt we rented years ago.  Loved it.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 04:30:03 EST »

I guess while my home interwebz is embarrassingly slow, it is pretty reliable.

#CountryBoyProblemz

I'm sitting here humming along on my 1.2mb connection at the moment. 
dansavol1
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 01:45:30 EST »

:thumbdown:I had the U-verse phone and it was terrible.  Got all kinds of run around from ATT in trying to fix it.  Had friend who was executive with them get involved and still got the run around.  finally got the bundled package from Charter and very pleased.  Great internet, good cable(except do not like their cable numbering scheme). and phone.  Had the years ago and cust svc was terrible, but great improvement and get quick response.  Will never go back to ATT for any service.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 01:53:39 EST »

#CountryBoyProblemz

I'm sitting here humming along on my 1.2mb connection at the moment. 

I'm at half that speed.  My ISP has more expensive packages but I for me the speed it would provide doesn't justify the prices they charge.

The funny thing is, when I was first contemplating the different speed levels, they told me "you'd have to have this one for online gaming" and it was gonna be like $80 a month.  Yet here I am gaming on the cheapest speed they offer at $35.  And my pings on online gaming servers are just as low as they were when I had comcast cable internet.  
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 02:30:11 EST »

Actually, I lied. I spend so much time at the office that I get confused. We recently upgraded to the highest speed available there and it is 1.2mb (supposed to be 1.5 but we top out at 1.2). For almost $200/mo. 

At home, I bit the bullet and started paying more when I got tired of the lowest speed, but I'm still at 0.6mb. I was 0.3mb before. At 0.6, I don't have any problem gaming...unless my wife is online. If she's on Facebook and I'm gaming, I have major lag. The price I pay for the speed I get is really irritating. I see the surveys of what the statewide average is and it ticks me off. But now I see that I'm not rowing this boat by myself. I wish Comcast would upgrade its infrastructure in our county so they could offer high-speed internet here. Sadly, they don't even run basic cable to my house.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:35:06 EST by Creek Walker » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 04:29:30 EST »

Actually, I lied. I spend so much time at the office that I get confused. We recently upgraded to the highest speed available there and it is 1.2mb (supposed to be 1.5 but we top out at 1.2). For almost $200/mo. 

At home, I bit the bullet and started paying more when I got tired of the lowest speed, but I'm still at 0.6mb. I was 0.3mb before. At 0.6, I don't have any problem gaming...unless my wife is online. If she's on Facebook and I'm gaming, I have major lag. The price I pay for the speed I get is really irritating. I see the surveys of what the statewide average is and it ticks me off. But now I see that I'm not rowing this boat by myself. I wish Comcast would upgrade its infrastructure in our county so they could offer high-speed internet here. Sadly, they don't even run basic cable to my house.

Brotherhood of the slow connection.  I thought I was the only one, too. 

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 09:02:39 EST »

I've read that the current ATT Uverse outage covers portions of 13 states. I want out.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 09:38:04 EST »

AT&T just called me. Offered me phone, internet and TV for a hundred bucks a month less than what I'm paying Charter for my office. They were shocked when I turned them down. A hundred bucks a month is serious dough but I've just heard too many negatives about them.
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 11:58:07 EST »

We recently upgraded to the highest speed available there and it is 1.2mb (supposed to be 1.5 but we top out at 1.2). For almost $200/mo.

Wow. I must be somewhat spoiled as I pay $57/mo to EPB for 50 Mbps.  

Until a couple of years ago, I used to have AT&T DSL, which was somewhat sufficient at 6 Mbps, but for $48/mo it was a no-brainer to switch to EPB.  (I just checked, and it appears that ATT has lowered its 6 Mbps DSL service in my area to $20/mo.  Probably in response to the competition from EPB.)  
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:03:16 EST by Jedi Master » Logged

dansavol1
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 04:56:42 EST »

my Charter internet agreement calls for 30 speed and I just check and am running at 42.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: