VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 06:16:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting, local news says that UF called the TO on the FG because  (Read 4678 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2015, 05:28:16 EDT »

They had 12 men on the field.  The only problem is, the umpire never threw a flag ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 05:52:52 EDT »

Also, for those I was text with during the game (could not get the board to load in BHG) I finally saw what happened to the safety (Randolph was blocked).  It looked to me that we were (not very well) playing a zone on the play

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 06:27:29 EDT »

Also, for those I was text with during the game (could not get the board to load in BHG) I finally saw what happened to the safety (Randolph was blocked).  It looked to me that we were (not very well) playing a zone on the play

we dropped into a prevent, rushed three + a spy.  Worst call of the game!  Should have sent the house it was 4th and 14.  This single play lost us the game, period, dot.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 06:55:41 EDT »

When you have a green QB you put pressure on him until he chokes...pukes...or quits. We didn't and he beat our ass.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 06:57:06 EDT »

we dropped into a prevent, rushed three + a spy.  Worst call of the game!  Should have sent the house it was 4th and 14.  This single play lost us the game, period, dot.
Absolutely agree. Horrible, bizarre call.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 12:16:19 EDT »

When you have a green QB you put pressure on him until he chokes...pukes...or quits. We didn't and he beat our ass.
i would note that in the middle of the game we were bringing safety blitzes about every third play.  Usually not effective.  We were actually getting good pressure with 4-5 rushers plus a spy. 
I agree the prevent wasn't a good call but if there is one thing we are worse at than press coverage is two deep zone.
I forgot to tape the game but I'd like to see the zones.  Looking quickly at the local news segment (non reviewable unfortunately) it seemed the back end, while deep was ok, the front end got poor drops as it seemed there was 15-20 yards gap

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 12:19:37 EDT »

BTW, we missed Burnett when he was hurt.  With Maggitt out he is the only DE we have with the strength to beat the holds. Non one play he drug a guy with a choke hold on him about 20 yards to put pressure on the QB.  Phillips may have the strength but he isn't playing a lot.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 02:54:22 EDT »

i would note that in the middle of the game we were bringing safety blitzes about every third play.  Usually not effective.  We were actually getting good pressure with 4-5 rushers plus a spy. 
I agree the prevent wasn't a good call but if there is one thing we are worse at than press coverage is two deep zone.
I forgot to tape the game but I'd like to see the zones.  Looking quickly at the local news segment (non reviewable unfortunately) it seemed the back end, while deep was ok, the front end got poor drops as it seemed there was 15-20 yards gap

Pressure was effective most of the game....just needed one more play.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 05:43:09 EDT »

Rushing 3 on 4th and 14 that got us beat was not smart......Remember what we did against USCe last year to seal the win. USC's QB went backwards that last series. We let that greenhorn QB have all day.....he beat us, that and our Keystone Cops play after the catch. Just unreal how we find ways to lose games.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 07:06:48 EDT »

yep, completely, totally, infuriating...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: