VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 01:58:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The flavor of the month  (Read 4793 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2020, 08:32:31 EST »

Is the right reverend Hugh Freeze
On TOS

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 09:41:36 EST »

He's a real character, but he can flat out coach football. 

We could do worse. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 09:43:15 EST »

He's a real character, but he can flat out coach football. 

We could do worse. 
Stupid is as stupid does commish will not let him on the SEC

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 10:30:18 EST »

He will be back in the SEC before it's over.....Not at UT because we are too PURE

Liberty would put 40 plus on our asses right now and we couldn't score 40 in 3 games combined.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 10:57:49 EST »

We are not in a position where we are attractive.  Even if we "backed up the brinks truck", which we won't, those types of names would laugh in our face.

We're gonna either have to get really lucky (doesn't look like that's ever gonna happen for football) or we're gonna have to take a guy with some warts.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 11:01:08 EST »

Stupid is as stupid does commish will not let him on the SEC

I don't think Sankey would be the problem. Our current AD would be the issue. He refused to even talk to The Pirate.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 02:03:37 EST »

Our current AD seems like he would balk at Freeze, but he'd be guaranteed to win. The Pilot might be robbed again, but he'd win.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 02:13:05 EST »

Our current AD seems like he would balk at Freeze, but he'd be guaranteed to win. The Pilot might be robbed again, but he'd win.

You don't think we have the same character of player now that Freeze would recruit? 

I promise you that we do.  Our team isn't a bunch of Mormon Tabernacle Choir boys. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 05:38:56 EST »

Harbaugh and Franklin may be available soon..lol.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 05:54:46 EST »

You don't think we have the same character of player now that Freeze would recruit? 

I promise you that we do.  Our team isn't a bunch of Mormon Tabernacle Choir boys. 
I agree. Have seen quite a bit of thuggish play. Didn't see JG do his lame bow and arrow routine though, which is a good thing.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 07:22:23 EST »

I don't think Sankey would be the problem. Our current AD would be the issue. He refused to even talk to The Pirate.

Well thank God for that.  Other than rolling Orgeron, which pretty much everyone not named Vandy or South Carolina is doing these days, Leach has been a big fat zero so far. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2020, 03:52:22 EST »

Really?  

He went to Washington Frickin' State and made them competitive.  

He's in his first year at Mississippi State and they are competitive.  

He's taken QBs with half the physical talent of JG and made them good leaders and productive QBs.  

On the other hand, our coach tells us that we are closing the gap on Bama and that a 42 yard field goal is out of range of our kicker who has already kicked two further than that in the game.  

If you think Leach isn't a good coach you are just a dumb ass.  And if you think we are better off with Pruitt than we would have been with Leach you are a stupid dumb ass.  

I'd like for our coach to beat an "other than" every now and then, too.  
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 04:03:31 EST by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2020, 05:21:13 EST »

I LMAO when folks talk about a coach like Leach who's 6 games into his first season with a new system without the players for his system without a Spring practice, Summer workouts and a limited camp....But those same folks will make excuses for Pruitt in year 3 when we are flat awful......And at this moment Leach and Pruitt has the same total of wins..................2.
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2020, 05:35:56 EST »

I think we can all agree that Hugh Freeze will never be the head coach at Tennessee for the reasons already mentioned. Even if Sankey allows it, Fulmer won't. But it's fun to think about. What he's done is nothing short of remarkable, and at this point he's paid a penance for his sins. Someone is going to give him a shot at the P5 level, and he's going to win big there. Why not UT? I agree with Herb and Vinnie. It's time for us to stop acting like we're some sort of elitist and just go hire a freakin football coach.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2020, 05:42:12 EST »

Ouch!!!!   

I LMAO when folks talk about a coach like Leach who's 6 games into his first season with a new system without the players for his system without a Spring practice, Summer workouts and a limited camp....But those same folks will make excuses for Pruitt in year 3 when we are flat awful......And at this moment Leach and Pruitt has the same total of wins..................2.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2020, 06:02:38 EST »

Really?  

He's in his first year at Mississippi State and they are competitive.  

If you think Leach isn't a good coach you are just a dumb ass.  

But are serious with what you just said?  You do know that since beating LSU, MSU has only just barely managed to beat Vandy, and in their 4 games after LSU, prior to playing Vandy, they averaged 8 points per game?

I don't know anyone (except you apparently!) that now says Leach was a good choice for MSU.  That's exactly why I made the comment, I'm truly glad he's not at Tennessee.  And you know their win against LSU is not at all impressive considering what Mizzou did to LSU and the fact that LSU is 2-3.

Leach is a decent coach, doesn't mean he's going to get it done in the SEC.  Seems like his offense was really easy to figure out. They haven't scored over 14 points on anyone not named Vandy since the season opener.

I don't think ANYONE wants Mike Leach now.  Except apparently you.  

« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 06:40:25 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 06:35:44 EST »

Oh yeah, Leach looks SO GREAT!  Hasn't scored more than 14 points against a team not named Vandy since week one, and rolling that fizzleing ape Orgeron at LSU in week 1 doesn't count.  Hell Missouri laid 45 points on LSU, which I at least find unbelievable.  And just to make it even better, Vandy out gained MSU in yards by more than a 2-1 margin. MSU only scored 24 due to 5 Vandy turnovers.  MSU only managed 204 yards against Vandy.  Against VANDY!  

Tell you what TnPhil. I'll bet $1000 right now that Leach never gets to ten regular season wins in the SEC. I'll bet you another grand that he doesn't last 5 years. I've seen enough.  I'm not a former coach like you, but from where I sit any coach not named Orgeron easily figured out what Leach was doing and shut it down. I seriously doubt that's going to change. It might!  You never know, but I've already seen enough to say I'm glad we didn't hire him.

Yeah, he did well enough at WSU, beating up on a bunch of Pac 12 pussies not named Washington.  Not impressed by that.  UT under Butch would probably have gone 10-2 or 11-1 in the Pac 12 most years.

As for defending Pruitt specifically, find one single post where I have defended him since the Kentucky game. And even before that I was not defending Pruitt, I was defending the program. My loyalty is not to a coach it's to the program.  And when the Vols put together an 8-game win streak including a nice win this season over Mizzou and a decent first half against Uga, there was something to defend.

I sure as shizzle haven't defended "Pruitt" in the last three weeks, so don't go laying that on me.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 06:41:34 EST by BanditVol » Logged

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 11:56:16 EST »

Is Hugh Freeze a great coach? He was 12-25 at Ole Miss. 6-21 in conference games. He never won the West even while beating Bama twice.  That is his claim to fame. Other than getting Ole Miss on probation. Would you want him?  Can he be successful without cheating during recruiting season? If all of a sudden he's our coach and we win the East right away wouldn't you think shenanigans were going on again?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Freeze#Head_coaching_record

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2020, 01:04:34 EST »

Is Hugh Freeze a great coach? He was 12-25 at Ole Miss. 6-21 in conference games. He never won the West even while beating Bama twice.  That is his claim to fame. Other than getting Ole Miss on probation. Would you want him?  Can he be successful without cheating during recruiting season? If all of a sudden he's our coach and we win the East right away wouldn't you think shenanigans were going on again?

Yeah, didn't you notice he was 0-3 in the conference in 2014?   

He had to vacate 27 wins.  His actual records were 37-25 overall and 19-21 in the SEC.  Not great, but not terrible either.  One of the years he beat bammer he was 6-2 in the conference, which was his best conference record.

wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2020, 02:26:42 EST »

We are not in a position where we are attractive.  Even if we "backed up the brinks truck", which we won't, those types of names would laugh in our face.

We're gonna either have to get really lucky (doesn't look like that's ever gonna happen for football) or we're gonna have to take a guy with some warts.

Any team that gets the the coach thy like 3 years after the hiring-----is lucky. Most new hires end up failures'
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2020, 03:08:24 EST »

I'd say that when Bama fans such as yourself gets wrapped around the axle about a coach, the coach must have something going for them

11B4PJ3F7
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2020, 04:01:34 EST »

But are serious with what you just said?  You do know that since beating LSU, MSU has only just barely managed to beat Vandy, and in their 4 games after LSU, prior to playing Vandy, they averaged 8 points per game?

I don't know anyone (except you apparently!) that now says Leach was a good choice for MSU.  That's exactly why I made the comment, I'm truly glad he's not at Tennessee.  And you know their win against LSU is not at all impressive considering what Mizzou did to LSU and the fact that LSU is 2-3.

Leach is a decent coach, doesn't mean he's going to get it done in the SEC.  Seems like his offense was really easy to figure out. They haven't scored over 14 points on anyone not named Vandy since the season opener.

I don't think ANYONE wants Mike Leach now.  Except apparently you.  

You really are a special kind of stupid, Bandit.  

Do you actually read what you have written before hitting the post button?  

"Since beating".  "Other than".  

So those wins don't count?  

All while our coach loses to Georgia State in his second year and gets blown out by Kentucky at home in his third.  

Did you know that Poot's average margin of loss in SEC games is 25 points?  

For perspective, Butch's was "only" 15.  

You don't have a fizzleing clue.  
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 04:04:01 EST by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2020, 04:54:02 EST »

Hey Herb....What has happened to OM? Been gone since last evening.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2020, 06:13:22 EST »

Evidentially the adjustments have turned out to be more than just adjustments.  

I just texted Clint.  He'll give me the 411. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2020, 06:17:17 EST »

So apparently the server and host aren't up to date with the coding of the changes.  Clint said he should be back up soon. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: