VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 08:33:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Mike Griffith back on the SEC beat?  (Read 2751 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2016, 01:12:04 EDT »

Last I saw of him, he was on my Twitter feed beating the "Big 10 is the best conference" drum for anyone who would listen.  Anyway, this is a pretty good summary of why a settlement was the prudent decision.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/analysis-title-ix-lawsuit-settlement-a-bargain-heres-whats-next

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 03:27:48 EDT »

Yes he is. He covers the UT beat for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and will be a regular contributor at SEC Country.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 09:27:34 EDT »

Yes he is. He covers the UT beat for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and will be a regular contributor at SEC Country.

I didn't even know the AJC had a UT beat.  Is that new?

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 12:53:53 EDT »

My guess is it's mostly a title and he'll mostly be producing content for SEC Country, which the AJC owns. He made the switch from Mlive about two months ago.

Mike can be an excellent writer if he gets over himself. Like so many of these guys in the SEC, he takes on a bit of celebrity status because football has such a cult following here, and it goes to his head. Which is why Wes Rucker went from being an excellent writer when he was cutting his teeth at the TFP to being one of SEC media's most unlikable personalities.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 03:21:13 EDT »

My guess is it's mostly a title and he'll mostly be producing content for SEC Country, which the AJC owns. He made the switch from Mlive about two months ago.

Mike can be an excellent writer if he gets over himself. Like so many of these guys in the SEC, he takes on a bit of celebrity status because football has such a cult following here, and it goes to his head. Which is why Wes Rucker went from being an excellent writer when he was cutting his teeth at the TFP to being one of SEC media's most unlikable personalities.

Well, at least a few of them have remained humble and grounded, like Finebaum and Clay Travis.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 10:24:14 EDT »

Well, at least a few of them have remained humble and grounded, like Finebaum and Clay Travis.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: