VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 08:11:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue-Chip Ratio 2022: The 15 teams who can actually win a national title  (Read 681 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2022, 11:10:43 EDT »

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Blue-Chip-ratio-2022-college-football-15-teams-who-can-win-the-national-championship--190039196/#190039196_1

Alabama- 89% blue chips
Ohio State- 80% blue chips
Georgia- 77% blue chips
Oklahoma- 71% blue chips
A&M- 70% blue chips
Texas- 68% blue chips
LSU- 66% blue chips
Clemson- 63% blue chips
Notre Dame- 62% blue chips
Florida- 60% blue chips
Oregon- 60% blue chips
Michigan- 59% blue chips
Penn State- 55% blue chips
Miami- 55% blue chips &
Auburn- 54% blue chips
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 04:12:19 EDT »

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Blue-Chip-ratio-2022-college-football-15-teams-who-can-win-the-national-championship--190039196/#190039196_1

Alabama- 89% blue chips
Ohio State- 80% blue chips
Georgia- 77% blue chips
Oklahoma- 71% blue chips
A&M- 70% blue chips
Texas- 68% blue chips
LSU- 66% blue chips
Clemson- 63% blue chips
Notre Dame- 62% blue chips
Florida- 60% blue chips
Oregon- 60% blue chips
Michigan- 59% blue chips
Penn State- 55% blue chips
Miami- 55% blue chips &
Auburn- 54% blue chips

Little surprised that Florida is still at 60%. They had quite a bit of attrition. But mother fizzleer that state is loaded with talent! Wonder what our blue-chip % was in 98? I'd say 65-75%
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 04:19:17 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 04:14:30 EDT »

Little surprised that Florida is still at 60%. They had quite a bit of attrition. But mother fizzleer that state is loaded with talent! Wonder what out blue-chip % was in 98? I'd say 65-75%
i laughed that they were on the list to start with

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 08:45:44 EDT »

Which reenforces what I have said about bammer all along.

1. Note the gap between them and number 2 is greater (by far!) than any other gap on the list.
2. This is even after a couple years where, for the first time in a decade, they had to settle for no. 2 in recruiting (though that's probably not a big drop off).
3. Saban is a good to very good coach, but he is an exceptional recruiter.  That understates it. He is the best recruiter in the history of sports by a country mile, period dot.
4. Not only is 3 sketchy, but we can be reasonably sure it wasn't 'just Saban'.

Bonus:  Under the category of lack of self-awareness, Saban apparently thinks it's all his coaching ability.  At least, based on how he acts.

Bonus 2:  The recent inroads into bammer's (unreal and unbelievable and almost certainly corrupt) dominance in recruiting is ending as (a) uga cuts into it (Kirby learned from the master!) and (by far the biggest factor and thus the source of Saban butt-hurtedness), the NIL cuts deeply into it.  He knows the jig is up!

Let me add in respect to Bonus 1, that Saban is surely aware how important the recruiting is to their success.  My point is his public behavior of acting like the god of football, sneering arrogance, rudeness and incredible disdain for reporters does not reflect this awareness.  
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 08:48:56 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 05:38:30 EDT »

Surprised UF was on the list. Didn't think their talent was that good. They did still mange to beat us. If we get over that mental thing we have when we play them, and start beating them regularly, it would really put pressure on UGa and give us a legit shot at winning the East. UF is going to be a big game, as usual, this season.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 10:58:45 EDT »

Surprised UF was on the list. Didn't think their talent was that good. They did still mange to beat us. If we get over that mental thing we have when we play them, and start beating them regularly, it would really put pressure on UGa and give us a legit shot at winning the East. UF is going to be a big game, as usual, this season.

We have to beat them this year.  There is no excuse not to.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: