VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 08:43:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HEY BDV and other Braves fans....  (Read 740 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2022, 04:52:00 EDT »

The Braves infield might be getting a little crowded. Albies, Riley and Olson are locked up and now this Grissom kid shows up.  So it looks like a decision on Swanson will have to be made when he becomes a free agent at the end of the year.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34382524/atlanta-braves-prospect-vaughn-grissom-homers-seemed-kid-playground-debut
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 12:07:46 EDT »

I was shocked they even called him up. I didn’t expect to see him at the MLB level NEXT year, let alone this year. 

If I were GM, I’d try to re-sign Dansby and get Grissom acquainted with LF. At 6’4”, he’s probably soon to outgrow a middle IF position anyway.

I just worry that Dansby may be playing himself out of the Braves’ price range. They’re going to have to save room for a Fried deal next year, and that’s going to be huge. Can they afford them both?

At any rate, the future is very, very bright. I can’t recall ANY team having this much high-end, under 30 talent under long term team control.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 05:00:42 EDT »

It's all crazy. How do the Dodgers and Yankees afford their teams full of superstars from top to bottom? They juggle the books to make it work. I'm a Braves fan but the Rockies are on every night where I live. It really bugs me when the announcers seem to not get why the Rockies can't keep up with the Dodgers. The Dodgers are better at every position. Its not rocket science. I like the Rockies. But the reason they can't compete is because their owner will not pay the money for free agents. Same with all other small market teams. I do not believe they can't pay them. It's that they wont pay them, even though most of the owners are billionaires. Yet some do well with what they spend. Like Oakland, Minnesota etc...

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 02:29:15 EDT »

And now they’ve just locked up Harris for the next 10 years (assuming the 2 team options are picked up).

Has Liberty Media loosened the purse strings? Sure seems like it.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 09:24:07 EDT »

And now they’ve just locked up Harris for the next 10 years (assuming the 2 team options are picked up).

Has Liberty Media loosened the purse strings? Sure seems like it.

It's hard to believe they have started handing out the cash. A successful team and a World Series Champion must bring in more. I know attendance is great but the sale of merchandise and licensing are probably at a full boil, also.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 12:58:46 EDT »

It's hard to believe they have started handing out the cash. A successful team and a World Series Champion must bring in more. I know attendance is great but the sale of merchandise and licensing are probably at a full boil, also.

Supposedly The Battery has outperformed all expectations. Two years ago, when there were no fans in the stands and every other team was getting soaked, it allowed the Braves to keep their heads above water. And it’s doing even better now with the fans back. Every other team is eventually going to attempt to copy that concept. The Rangers already have with their new stadium.

Plus, their TV deal, which is the worst in MLB by far and has been an albatross around their necks for over a decade, has been renegotiated and goes up over the next few years before it finally expires in 2027. Then they’ll negotiate a new mega deal on par with the dodgers and Yankees.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: