VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 02:13:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vols "gave up"-Derek Dooley  (Read 7289 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2012, 02:11:16 EDT »

http://www.thedailytimes.com/Grant_Ramey/story/Tennessee-runs-out-of-juice-id-027674

“It was a good football game,” Dooley said, “and we’re sitting there and we just gave up.”

Unreal. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 02:13:56 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:29:03 EDT »

That is unacceptable if true

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 03:46:49 EDT »

IF TRUE???!!!  How can anyone watching the game not see they quit???!!! 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 03:59:35 EDT »

That is unacceptable if true

It's IMO puts more spotlight on CDD. Has He lost this team like He did in 2011?

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 04:00:20 EDT »

IF TRUE???!!!  How can anyone watching the game not see they quit???!!! 

Yep.  It was over as soon as the play calling went into panic mode.  The team followed suit.

Really embarrassing.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 04:22:02 EDT »

This is probably going to be unpopular but y'all know I don't care about popularity....Tyler Bray is a WATB.  He needs a real wake up call.  I cannot remember a more immature acting brat of a QB....ever on UT's sidelines.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 04:35:13 EDT »

I still say Dooley ran the legs off his own team. Fresh beats tired any day. Extremely fatigued players look like they don't care. The solution is simple. He's got to liberally sub or he'll keep winning 40 minutes and losing the last 20.

It has nothing to do with Xs and Os or anything else.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 04:36:11 EDT »

This is probably going to be unpopular but y'all know I don't care about popularity....Tyler Bray is a WATB.  He needs a real wake up call.  I cannot remember a more immature acting brat of a QB....ever on UT's sidelines.

I think we all want to disagree but we can't. Tyler reminds me of Jeff George.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 04:53:39 EDT »

I think we all want to disagree but we can't. Tyler reminds me of Jeff George.

He could be the next coming of Ryan Leaf

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 05:27:03 EDT »

This Tennessee team is a talented team. From my point of view I saw three things. First, that Florida is loaded with 4 and 5 star players, so when injuries hit them like it did there was no real drop off. That leads to number two and three. Florida is just plain better coached as a whole. They seem to be doing a better job of developing players. Lastly, just like last year I don't see anything that looks like there were any halftime adjustments made or in game adjustments for that matter. Chaney's MO when the Vols get behind is to go for the big play. I understand that that gets the crows back into it and serves as shock effect but whn that is you motus operndi then teams are prepare for it like Florida was. I had hopes that our Vols would win this game, but given how Florida had demonstrated how nasty they are in the second half I just did not think Tennessee could pull it off. That's just my opinion. Still loves and support my Vols and hope they run the table. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 05:31:34 EDT »

Totally agree.  He's incredibly talented, but he's no leader and not a warrior.  When things don't go his way, he folds.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 05:37:46 EDT »

Totally agree.  He's incredibly talented, but he's no leader and not a warrior.  When things don't go his way, he folds.

I didn't see that but if that is true he should be benched and let the chips fall. Of course Dooley has his wagon hitched to that horse so looks like more of the same.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 06:02:00 EDT »

I am amazed at what Dooley says sometimes.  After our recent history of not having enough depth and being worn down in the 2nd half of games, it pisses me off to hear him say the team gave up with more depth on the bench and better athletes on the field.  Players only play based on how they are coached.  This team is as fragile as cracked glass. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 06:27:18 EDT »

Another thing about Dooley... I think he would be wise to cool it with the condescending tone he has towards the media.  He's on the edge of the precipice and he needs any support he can get, even if it's media.  I bet Hyams is chomping at the bit to unleash on him, and fans are ready to hear it.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 09:35:08 EDT »

I think Dooley is pretty sharp and can be funny, but you can't make the jokes he does unless you're killing it. He's not. Vinnie is dead on that local media will help him pack.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 02:24:02 EDT »

This Tennessee team is a talented team. From my point of view I saw three things. First, that Florida is loaded with 4 and 5 star players, so when injuries hit them like it did there was no real drop off. That leads to number two and three. Florida is just plain better coached as a whole. They seem to be doing a better job of developing players. Lastly, just like last year I don't see anything that looks like there were any halftime adjustments made or in game adjustments for that matter. Chaney's MO when the Vols get behind is to go for the big play. I understand that that gets the crows back into it and serves as shock effect but whn that is you motus operndi then teams are prepare for it like Florida was. I had hopes that our Vols would win this game, but given how Florida had demonstrated how nasty they are in the second half I just did not think Tennessee could pull it off. That's just my opinion. Still loves and support my Vols and hope they run the table. 

I do agree that Chaney has the tendency to go for the big play too much, and that's a great point that teams anticipate it.  He needs to mix it up a bit.  Florida was clearly prepared for the deep ball after the failed fake punt, and made a great play to get pressure on Bray and just destroy that drive.  The pressure came up the middle.  Would have loved to see a screen there.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 02:28:12 EDT »

I was pretty pissed at some of DDs comments after games last year.  First, he seemed to blame the players, and rarely shoulder his own responsibility, and then he overdid it with the jokes.  Some humor is fine, but if all you ever do is crack jokes and lose embarassingly, it can definitely get old.

But I have to say he has not sounded that bad this year.  I can't say I follow every word he says, but he seems much more focused and professional to me this year.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: