VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 03:52:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good thing we're improving!  (Read 5739 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2012, 05:03:03 EDT »

@Daniel_LewisCBS Frightening UT stat: The Vols have been outscored 149-26 in the 2nd half of their last 8 SEC games.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 05:04:37 EDT »

Dooley is 0-18 vs ranked teams.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 05:07:13 EDT »

At this point I am like Scarlett O'Hara when she comes home to Tara to find her mother dead, her father crazy and her home ruined by the Yankees.....TIRED. "Don't tell me anymore about what THEY did" - because I can't stand to hear it.  
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 05:08:55 EDT »

At this point I am like Scarlett O'Hara when she comes home to Tara to find her mother dead, her father crazy and her home ruined by the Yankees.....TIRED. "Don't tell me anymore about what THEY did" - because I can't stand to hear it.  

I'm going to continue to preach about Dooley until he beats somebody of consequence or they fire him.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 01:31:40 EDT »

@Daniel_LewisCBS Frightening UT stat: The Vols have been outscored 149-26 in the 2nd half of their last 8 SEC games.
That would be one emotional way of looking at it, or one could look at the actual play ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 02:11:13 EDT »

I'm going to continue to preach about Dooley until he beats somebody of consequence or they fire him.

And you should.  You never know, he might pleasantly surprise you later this season.

Or not. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 04:20:22 EDT »

That would be one emotional way of looking at it, or one could look at the actual play ...

I'm sorry... but what are you talking about, man? A stat like that is black and white... nothing emotional about it. People who would call it emotional are being emotional with their love of the Vols.

I appreciate that you watch game tape but I don't need to break down film to know which way the wind blows.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 04:45:04 EDT »

I watched the play, and I got quite emotional as UF gained 336 yds on the ground and 555 total yds.

Dooley's teams quit, pure and simple.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 01:24:40 EDT »

I'm sorry... but what are you talking about, man? A stat like that is black and white... nothing emotional about it. People who would call it emotional are being emotional with their love of the Vols.

I appreciate that you watch game tape but I don't need to break down film to know which way the wind blows.
whatever floats your boat

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 02:08:47 EDT »

I watched the play, and I got quite emotional as UF gained 336 yds on the ground and 555 total yds.

Dooley's teams quit, pure and simple.

I didn't see a team that quit, I saw an offense that was stymied by a playcaller who abandoned the run when he didn't have to. I saw continual three and outs that gassed the defense. If I was Sunseri I would have gone up to the booth and punched Chaney in the mouth. We're not deep on defense, our OC can't keep putting them out on the field.

The team didn't quit. They were out executed and gassed. The last few minutes, yes, they looked defeated....and CDD will have to address that. You do fight till the end/

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 03:13:14 EDT »

I didn't see a team that quit, I saw an offense that was stymied by a playcaller who abandoned the run when he didn't have to. I saw continual three and outs that gassed the defense. If I was Sunseri I would have gone up to the booth and punched Chaney in the mouth. WYoue're not deep on defense, our OC can't keep putting them out on the field.

The team didn't quit. They were out executed and gassed. The last few minutes, yes, they looked defeated....and CDD will have to address that. You do fight till the end

Well Dooley himself said "we gave up".  But thats fine, agree to disagree.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 03:26:14 EDT »

Well Dooley himself said "we gave up".  But thats fine, agree to disagree.

I think they quit..........................in the 4th quarter especially the offense.
OR HUNG THEIR HEADS AND SULKED WHICH IS THE SAME.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:28:11 EDT by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 03:45:28 EDT »

I think they quit..........................in the 4th quarter especially the offense.
OR HUNG THEIR HEADS AND SULKED WHICH IS THE SAME.

Play calling went to panic mode, and the team followed suit.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 04:04:50 EDT »

Play calling went to panic mode, and the team followed suit.

I agree the play calling did that, and that's my beef with Chaney. he is a very impatient play caller. No need to go to panic mode tied at 20-20.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 04:25:01 EDT »

I agree the play calling did that, and that's my beef with Chaney. he is a very impatient play caller. No need to go to panic mode tied at 20-20.

I saw a rumor on another board that there was a possibility of Dooley calling plays.  Sounds crazy though.

Chaney is basically a passing game Coordinator. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 04:34:45 EDT »

I saw a rumor on another board that there was a possibility of Dooley calling plays.  Sounds crazy though.

Chaney is basically a passing game Coordinator. 

he is a good QB coach. He doesn't get the SEC, and is way too impatient a playcaller.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: