VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 09:27:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: not trying to pile on Bray, but this bothers me  (Read 8641 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2012, 07:43:20 EDT »

Tyler Bray said he didn't even watch the second half of the Florida game. 'That wasn't our team.' -- Patrick Brown (@patrickbrownTFP)

Can someone tell me why this is Bray's decision to make?
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 07:47:32 EDT »

Tyler Bray said he didn't even watch the second half of the Florida game. 'That wasn't our team.' -- Patrick Brown (@patrickbrownTFP)

Can someone tell me why this is Bray's decision to make?

It seems like Bray has million dollar talent and a ten cent brain.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:48:03 EDT »

Yeah, that wasn't our team, but it sure looked like the team that showed up for last years UK, Bama, LSU, etc games.  

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 07:48:44 EDT »

It shouldn't be Bray's decision to make. His position coach should take him to the side, along with the other QB's, and look at the ENTIRE film. I don't see how he expects to grow as a Quarterback if he is not willing to look at the bad things he did. If he's not willing to do that then he's living in a dream world and he will never be able to get any better. He'll continue to beat the teams he should beat and get beat by the teams that offer a struggle. Sad.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 08:38:55 EDT »

I will tell you why...because he is a WATB.  I bet you Peyton Manning woke up this morning and sent through every second of the first quarter from last night's game...more than once.  I also bet you that no QB on a Nick Saban coached team says that shizzle.  Gosh I do not like Tyler....I will no longer call him Ty Ty...his new name is shizzle head.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:31:15 EDT by VoLynteer » Logged
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 08:45:33 EDT »

I will tell you why...because he is a WATB.  I bet you Peyton Nannie.g woke up this morning and sent through every second of the first quarter from last night's game...more than once.  I also bet you that no QB on a Nick Saban coached team says that shizzle.  Gosh I do not like Tyler....I will no longer call him Ty Ty...his new name is shizzle head.

Casey Clausen or Tee Martin never would have said or even thought that!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 09:01:02 EDT »

As compared to Hunter, who woke up Sumday morning and started reviewing film looking for the good, bad and ugly.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 09:49:39 EDT »

and today we're playing "Let's break down a dude's character, needs, wants, whininess, titty-babiness, and ability to play QB" and base it on a statement he made to the reporters about what % of a game that they lost he viewed on film.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 09:57:44 EDT »

My biggest problem with Bray has to do with his crappy play saturday. He was off the whole game and it had little to do with UF's defense. He was either pinpoint accurate or missing wildly. In the 2nd half he decided on one series that he was going to t hrow it to Hunter come hell or high water and wound up just throwing it up and getting a pick. On the other side of the field Patterson was one on one with his guy......he never even looked at him. THAT is what I am frustrated with. He has got to learn to get his emotions in check. It is an ailment that we have all suffered from at one time or another but it is  a requirement for him if he hopes to play in the NFL.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 10:07:53 EDT »

and today we're playing "Let's break down a dude's character, needs, wants, whininess, titty-babiness, and ability to play QB" and base it on a statement he made to the reporters about what % of a game that they lost he viewed on film.

Yup.  No one is making you play, though. 
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 11:14:20 EDT »

Ummm, no, not basing it only on those comments....I look at his body of work which says "immature WATB". Time for Tyler to nut up or shut up.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 01:37:58 EDT »

Well said Lynn
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 02:45:37 EDT »

Well I am not happy with Tyler's perceived lack of effort once we are behind, but after I expressed that to him, a gator friend at work told me his impression was the opposite - that once we were behind, Tyler tried to do it all himself, and thus got frustrated.   That could perhaps explain the locking on to one receiver and constantly flinging it 20 yards down field whether there is someone open or not.   That's just an opinion from a friend of mine at work with no dog in this fight, FWIW.

Dooley made some comments yesterday that Tyler needs to trust the rest of the team when we get behind and not try to do everything himself, and that instantly connected with what my gator buddy said.  Again, FWIW.

It may be that his body language is Tyler being frustrated with himself.

Either way, even if he is dialing it in late in the game, and I have been as negative on him as anyone, we should probably ease up a bit. 

I mean, it's not like he's Matt Simms.   

So, if he is dialing it in, let's hope he grows out of it, if he's trying to do too much, let's hope he backs off and lets the rest of the team do their part, but either way, let's hope he gets his shizzle together because that's what is best for the team.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 01:43:17 EDT »

He also took responsibility for the two big drops.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 03:46:05 EDT »

My point originally was, why does Bray get to pick and choose what film he watches?  Especially after such a collapse.

That tells me a lot about the leadership qualities of this coaching staff.

"relentless pursuit of continuous improvement" includes watching film of a poor performance,  does it not?

Ugh, smh.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:53:36 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 04:04:15 EDT »

My point originally was, why does Bray get to pick and choose what film he watches?  Especially after such a collapse.

That tells me a lot about the leadership qualities of this coaching staff.

"relentless pursuit of continuous improvement" includes watching film of a poor performance,  does it not?

Ugh, smh.

Which is a good point.  But did Bray mean he wasn't watching the game as he DVR'd on his own TV, or that he wasn't watching it in the film room? 

If it's the latter, and the coaching staff is allowing it, then we are fizzleed.

It seems pretty unlikely though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 08:12:11 EDT »

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/sep/19/jim-chaney-laughs-notion-tyler-bray-didnt-watch-fl/

Go Big Orange.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 08:39:03 EDT »

Damage control.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 09:06:01 EDT »

could be

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 09:16:04 EDT »

a joke then

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 09:34:26 EDT »

What is there to watch? We had the ball for 3 minutes in the 4th quarter. 
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 10:00:25 EDT »

What is there to watch? We had the ball for 3 minutes in the 4th quarter. 

He could watch the UF QB to see how it's done.  (I kid...well I kid a little).
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 03:07:35 EDT »

He could watch the UF QB to see how it's done.  (I kid...well I kid a little).

Boom!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: