VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 06:51:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's watching Dexter, and is anybody watching Homeland? (spoilers)  (Read 8848 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2012, 05:33:49 EDT »

I thought that the first episode of Dexter was the best episode they've had in a couple of years, but then the 2nd bogged down under the realization that Dexter doesn't seem like he'll be putting a lot of people on his table this year. I know they want to tell the story of the good in Dexter battling the evil in Dexter, but just like people watch NASCAR for the crashes, I tune in to watch Dexter kill people. I am shocked that they went all in with Deb knowing everything.

Now Homeland was the reverse for me... the first episode was tedious but the 2nd was great and had me on the edge... still hanging there after Saul saw the video of Brody.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 05:40:56 EDT »

I thought that the first episode of Dexter was the best episode they've had in a couple of years, but then the 2nd bogged down under the realization that Dexter doesn't seem like he'll be putting a lot of people on his table this year. I know they want to tell the story of the good in Dexter battling the evil in Dexter, but just like people watch NASCAR for the crashes, I tune in to watch Dexter kill people. I am shocked that they went all in with Deb knowing everything.

Now Homeland was the reverse for me... the first episode was tedious but the 2nd was great and had me on the edge... still hanging there after Saul saw the video of Brody.

I love Dexter, but sometimes there are some things about it that bother me.  For example, are we to seriously believe that Dex just moved in with Deb, and left his son in the hands of the nanny full time?  It's like the writers didn't know how to deal with that, so they just glossed over it.

And Homeland looks like it could even top last season.  Sundays are about to get pretty crowded with The Walking Dead returning this week.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:43:39 EDT »

I love Dexter, but sometimes there are some things about it that bother me.  For example, are we to seriously believe that Dex just moved in with Deb, and left his son in the hands of the nanny full time?  It's like the writers didn't know how to deal with that, so they just glossed over it.

And Homeland looks like it could even top last season.  Sundays are about to get pretty crowded with The Walking Dead returning this week.

I can't wait for TWD to start...Dexter is turning into a great big wuss.  "I promised Deb"....please!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 05:51:21 EDT »

Is anyone watching Revolution?  It's actually really good, if you can get past the laughably bad acting.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 05:51:48 EDT »

I watch them both. Agree on the reviews of both. I don't think I like Deb knowing about Dexter. She might have to die.

Ep.2 of Homeland was outstanding. The final scene really put the meat on the bone for the next episodes.

I also watch Boardwalk Empire and The Walking Dead. Thank goodness for DVR.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 05:54:34 EDT »

I watch them both. Agree on the reviews of both. I don't think I like Deb knowing about Dexter. She might have to die.

Ep.2 of Homeland was outstanding. The final scene really put the meat on the bone for the next episodes.

I also watch Boardwalk Empire and The Walking Dead. Thank goodness for DVR.

I tried to get into Boardwalk Empire, but it just lost me.  Like most of Scorsese's movies, it just seemed to move too slow.  Season one was 12 episodes, and I felt like they could've told that story in 7-8.  I didn't watch after that, maybe it got better.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 06:36:45 EDT »

Is anyone watching Revolution?  It's actually really good, if you can get past the laughably bad acting.

Yes...we have been catching up On Demand with it.  I had to lol when Miles said "Stu Redman and this is Fran".
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 07:04:26 EDT »

Oh, and Sons of Anarachy has been terrific through the first 4 episodes.  This looks to be the darkest season yet.

10EC
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 07:07:22 EDT »

still hanging there after Saul saw the video of Brody.

I turned to my wife... "Well, Saul's dead"
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 07:12:19 EDT »

I watch them both. I'm really excited about both, but agree that episode 2 of Dexter took a dive.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 07:25:17 EDT »

I watch Dexter. This season is setting up for next season which is the last one. They're trying to set up Dexter to battle his own "dark passenger" in this one, but obviously there will be kills, or you lose fans. I think this season is really only for existing fans, not going to make much sense otherwise, as they are playing off complex characters that they have created over the years. It looks like the Russian mob is going after Dexter this time, so that could be interesting. I think Deb will continue to try to keep Dexter from getting arrested while she knows that Dex is doing things....I wonder if she will actually come around to his way of thinking.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 07:49:58 EDT »

I watch Dexter. This season is setting up for next season which is the last one. They're trying to set up Dexter to battle his own "dark passenger" in this one, but obviously there will be kills, or you lose fans. I think this season is really only for existing fans, not going to make much sense otherwise, as they are playing off complex characters that they have created over the years. It looks like the Russian mob is going after Dexter this time, so that could be interesting. I think Deb will continue to try to keep Dexter from getting arrested while she knows that Dex is doing things....I wonder if she will actually come around to his way of thinking.

I think to keep it going your last sentence  has to be true.

BDV my wife flipped out at the way they handled Harrison.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 08:28:44 EDT »

I think to keep it going your last sentence  has to be true.

BDV my wife flipped out at the way they handled Harrison.

Yeah they are trying to get rid of loose ends so they can dive into this season's plot. Harrison and the sitter are now a loose end and doesn't really fit the plot, so he's handed off. Same with the weird computer geek dude who sent Dexter the hand. I don't think you will see him again. The main plot now focuses on deb/Dex relationship, russian mob, and I think a sidebar plot with Laguerda - she will pursue Doakes, thinking he is alive, and may stumble on Dex's secret.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 08:56:03 EDT »

Yeah they are trying to get rid of loose ends so they can dive into this season's plot. Harrison and the sitter are now a loose end and doesn't really fit the plot, so he's handed off. Same with the weird computer geek dude who sent Dexter the hand. I don't think you will see him again. The main plot now focuses on deb/Dex relationship, russian mob, and I think a sidebar plot with Laguerda - she will pursue Doakes, thinking he is alive, and may stumble on Dex's secret.

I think you are off base on not seeing Louis again. I think Louis is going to be a major part of the season. I don't think he is a loose end at all.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 08:58:26 EDT »

I think you are off base on not seeing Louis again. I think Louis is going to be a major part of the season. I don't think he is a loose end at all.

what do you think they will do with him? What will be his motivation? revenge on dexter? He acts like a bit of a wuss.

VOLveeta
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 09:30:04 EDT »

I'm REALLY struggling getting past Season 5 of Dexter.  He and Deb are great but good grief some of the rest of the cast are just AWFUL actors and some of the writing is just b.a.d..  Hopefully the intro of Julia Styles is gonna make it pick up if I can ever get back into it.  Zombies and Vampires bore me to death at this point, can't get into any of those.  Ugh.

First season of HOMELAND was outstanding, I can't wait for Season Two.  Honestly, if you haven't done FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS yet, you HAVE TO!!!
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 09:39:30 EDT »

I agree...he is crazy and when he touched Harrison's hair and looked at Dexter it was on.  Waking up on that bench won't make him go away.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 09:53:34 EDT »

what do you think they will do with him? What will be his motivation? revenge on dexter? He acts like a bit of a wuss.

I think we are going to find out he is a serial killer who hunts serial killers.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 12:52:47 EDT »

I think we are going to find out he is a serial killer who hunts serial killers.

Really? Interesting. I was thinking he was going to chicken out and get out after waking up...in fact I was thinking we won't even see him at all any more. We will see.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 01:59:42 EDT »

I'm REALLY struggling getting past Season 5 of Dexter.  He and Deb are great but good grief some of the rest of the cast are just AWFUL actors and some of the writing is just b.a.d..  Hopefully the intro of Julia Styles is gonna make it pick up if I can ever get back into it.  Zombies and Vampires bore me to death at this point, can't get into any of those.  Ugh.

First season of HOMELAND was outstanding, I can't wait for Season Two.  Honestly, if you haven't done FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS yet, you HAVE TO!!!

In my opinion (and most others I've talked to who watch the show), Julia Stiles' season is the worst of the series.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 02:49:51 EDT »

In my opinion (and most others I've talked to who watch the show), Julia Stiles' season is the worst of the series.

Agreed. Last season was better.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2012, 04:35:38 EDT »

yep. and the Lithgow season is the best IMO

VOLveeta
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 05:13:41 EDT »

Ugh.     
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 01:12:18 EDT »

yep. and the Lithgow season is the best IMO

I concur. Lithgow was one creepy dude.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 02:33:26 EDT »

My opinion of Louis is that he will be a part of some weird killer triangle that ultimately brings Deb around to Dexter's way of thinking. I wouldn't be surprised to see that Louis tries to kill Dexter, with Deb running to Dexter's rescue and giving herself over to letting Dexter have his way with Louis.  But, if that were to happen, I couldn't imagine what the last season would hold. It's been a great series and will end the same year as my other favorite series, Breaking Bad.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: