VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 04:07:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's 11 pm  (Read 274 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 16, 2022, 04:57:20 EDT »

And I still have no idea how we won that damn game.

We've been conditioned for 15+ years to expect the worst, and that scoop-and-score felt like "same ol' Tennessee." It was nauseating to think about our offense playing so well, only to have the defense throw it away...and then, when it mattered most, the defense did just enough to give us a chance.

Unbelievable.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 06:21:48 EDT »

And I still have no idea how we won that damn game.

We've been conditioned for 15+ years to expect the worst, and that scoop-and-score felt like "same ol' Tennessee." It was nauseating to think about our offense playing so well, only to have the defense throw it away...and then, when it mattered most, the defense did just enough to give us a chance.

I made this commment to a bud tonight on the phone after the win.  We gave them a TD and still won.

It's in line with 3 second half turnovers vs pittsburgh and still won, and the ridiculous onside kick against uf and still won.

Whatever dark cloud was hovering over us is gone, as of today.

In fact, did anyone catch the comment by Nessler about the "Volunteer Orange sun" late in the 4th with the shot of the beautiful sunset outside Neyland?  All light, no darkness, a nice change of pace! 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: