VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 02:07:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I agree 100% with this poster on Volquest.  (Read 2433 times)
RON
Starter

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2012, 10:22:06 EST »

John Gruden would be a home run hire....and here is why.....

1.  Gruden is a winner!  Gruden is the opposite of Dooley who had a losing record when he came.  Gruden just wins baby.  Gruden has won a Super Bowl.  He also won his respective division in pro football 5 times in 11 years while with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Oakland Raiders.  In case your not an NFL fan...those teams suck and he won with them.  Since leaving those teams...neither team has been successful.  In addition, Tampa Bay was had the lowest payroll in the NFL while he was winning there.

2.  Gruden would immediately strike fear in the other schools in the SEC.  Let's face it, Dooley was a laughing stock.  He had never won anything and the other schools didn't have to deal with a "big name" recruiter.  Gruden with his winning NFL ways, his Super Bowl Ring, and his Monday Night Football fame - would immediately worry other teams in the SEC that the sleeping giant of Tennessee would be a force to be reckoned with in recruiting.  Kiffin scared some and he had never won anything...imagine Gruden.

3.  Gruden could recruit amazingly.  He is possibly the best known figure in NFL football now that John Madden is retired.  Gruden is also an intense and dynamic personality that would likely play well in living rooms. Not only does Gruden have a Super Bowl Ring he could roll across the table if all else failed, he has the reputation as one of the top offensive minds and top quarterback coaches ever.  Not to mention, Gruden would likely look to hire either Ron Zook or Kevin Steele as an assistant.  Zook is one of the top 5 recruiters in football period and Kevin Steele is not far behind. My guess is if Gruden came and got one of those two on staff - Tennessee would finish in the top 5 or 10 in recruiting minimum every year.

4.  Gruden would unite the fan base.  The Tennessee fans are extremely passionate.  That being said, many fans were alienated by Fulmer whom many felt had stabbed Johnny Majors in the back.  Then, many stayed loyal to Fulmer after his dismissal.  Gruden would be able to heal the rift.  He is friends with Fulmer, but his lineage is with Majors.  He could bring all the fans together and create something we havent had in 25 years....a totally unified fan base in one great VOL NATION. 

5.  Gruden would be a media sensation.  For all the ESPN conspiracy theorists....Gruden would be a breath of fresh air.  ESPN loves them some Gruden and he knows the network very well.  Suddenly Tennessee would get lots of ESPN love and I could easily see "ALL ACCESS TENNESSEE" type shows with us which would help in recruiting.  In addition, Gruden's dynamic personality plays well with all media outlets and he would certainly be a great face of a program and a good pitch man. 

6.  Gruden would excite the fan base.  A fan base that has largely fallen into apathy would get a big shot in the arm from Gruden.  He would be a ROCK STAR for our football program...think Bruce Pearl on crack.  LOL.  My guess is we should have the biggest turn out ever for an Orange and White Game.

7.  Gruden may keep our best home.  Our team this year is not as bad as our record reflects.  For all the talent that CP3, Hunter and Bray have, the strength of this team is the offensive line.  My bet is that Gruden's name could help keep some of our talent from declaring for the pros prematurely.  That would help Gruden next year.

All in all - I hope the Vols make Gruden ALL VOL.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 10:27:49 EST »

If he can do all that then I am sure we won't hire him.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 10:33:22 EST »

I think it will be somebody else. I would love for it to be Gary Patterson of TCU

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 10:34:44 EST »

You're going to have to learn how to spell his name...it's Jon...no "h".

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 10:37:14 EST »

You're going to have to learn how to spell his name...it's Jon...no "h".

Coach Gruden is acceptable also. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: