VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 12:22:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hurd?  (Read 6210 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2016, 06:02:54 EDT »

I've read on a couple sites this morning that Hurd hasn't practiced this week? Hope it's bad info....Maybe precautionary if true.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 06:04:08 EDT »

I read that Butch said he fully practiced on Monday.  Not sure what you are reading?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 06:04:25 EDT »

I read he has, and hasn't. This message boarding will drive you fizzleing crazy if you aren't careful ;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 06:14:59 EDT »

I read that Butch said he fully practiced on Monday.  Not sure what you are reading?

I watched Butch's presser Monday morning...before practice and Butch was asked about Hurd's status. Butch said Hurd will practice today. But what I've read today is that he has not practiced this week? Who knows!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 06:16:37 EDT »

I watched Butch's presser Monday morning...before practice and Butch was asked about Hurd's status. Butch said Hurd will practice today. But what I've read today is that he has not practiced this week? Who knows!

I'd believe the presser over a message board any day.

Of course, Butch does play mind games with injuries, so...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 06:18:10 EDT »

I'd believe the presser over a message board any day.

Of course, Butch does play mind games with injuries, so...

Butch is holding his mid week presser right now...Maybe he will say something?
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 06:52:59 EDT »

He said he is "day to day" --- so he said nothing, in reality!   

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 07:09:44 EDT »

On the other boards there is speculation, "insider" info he may have sustained a concussion as he fancy pantsed across the goal line against Georgia & got blind sided. TIFWIW

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 07:11:22 EDT »

I wouldn't be "freaked out" if he couldn't play. There are other serviceable players unlike our LB corp evidently.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 07:23:44 EDT »

I wouldn't be "freaked out" if he couldn't play. There are other serviceable players unlike our LB corp evidently.

Kamara and Kelly.

I really like Kelly and have since I saw his HS film before he signed with us. Loved what his high school coach said when Kelly committed to us....."Tennessee is getting a hidden gem."

Hurd if out would hurt our inside run game.....A&M has some fast linebackers....Don't thing we'll hurt them a lot on the edges.
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 08:37:11 EDT »

This is a mind-boggling situation. I thought he was injured, not benched, in Saturday's game because why on earth would you bench a player after he scores a 3rd quarter touchdown, and not right away in the 2nd quarter? Just doesn't add up. I've seen the talk that he said something after the later touchdown that pissed off Butch Jones, and maybe that makes sense. Because an injury certainly doesn't make sense, since he was back in there on special teams at the end of the game...unless it were some sort of slight injury that would affect his ability to run the ball but not something that he would be at danger of aggravating by being on the field as part of the hands team on the kickoff.

Now the talk is that he was concussed on that 2nd quarter hit...but there's no way he would've gone back on the field for the kickoff return if that were the case. Maybe that's discovered after the fact, but it doesn't explain why he sat out most of the 2nd half.

Damn Butch Jones and his vague statements. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 09:10:06 EDT »

Sounds like Butch is using "practice" in the same context that a former president used "is".   

He may be "practicing", but he hasn't had any contact or high impact work this week. 

Be surprised if he plays against the Aggies.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 10:02:45 EDT »

This is a mind-boggling situation. I thought he was injured, not benched, in Saturday's game because why on earth would you bench a player after he scores a 3rd quarter touchdown, and not right away in the 2nd quarter? Just doesn't add up. I've seen the talk that he said something after the later touchdown that pissed off Butch Jones, and maybe that makes sense. Because an injury certainly doesn't make sense, since he was back in there on special teams at the end of the game...unless it were some sort of slight injury that would affect his ability to run the ball but not something that he would be at danger of aggravating by being on the field as part of the hands team on the kickoff.

Now the talk is that he was concussed on that 2nd quarter hit...but there's no way he would've gone back on the field for the kickoff return if that were the case. Maybe that's discovered after the fact, but it doesn't explain why he sat out most of the 2nd half.

Damn Butch Jones and his vague statements. 

It is fairly common for concussion symptoms to manifest after some delay, but you don't hear folks talk about that too often.  That happened to me back in the day.  I think it was 2-3 hrs for me before I felt the symptoms.  That might be the case here, but who knows.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 11:12:07 EDT »

Typically, if the medical staff suspect a concussion, they take away the helmet. Hurd was wearing a helmet in 2nd half. Also, if concussed, they usually take you off the field to locker room. So IMO, it was not a concussion. If he has a lower back problem. that blind side hit he took would more than likely aggravate any previous problem.

As for practicing or not practicing, has Hurd not been wearing green, no-contact jersey all fall? Or at least for most practices? A lingering back injury would explain this also. If any coach noticed a problem, Hurd would be held out for the team's sake.

So I can believe he has some type of injury. And the mind games Butch loves to play with information is par for the course. Until NCAA demands injury status updates for all teams like NFL, no college HC can be believed on revealing player status.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 11:14:41 EDT »

Typically, if the medical staff suspect a concussion, they take away the helmet. Hurd was wearing a helmet in 2nd half. Also, if concussed, they usually take you off the field to locker room. So IMO, it was not a concussion. If he has a lower back problem. that blind side hit he took would more than likely aggravate any previous problem.

As for practicing or not practicing, has Hurd not been wearing green, no-contact jersey all fall? Or at least for most practices? A lingering back injury would explain this also. If any coach noticed a problem, Hurd would be held out for the team's sake.

So I can believe he has some type of injury. And the mind games Butch loves to play with information is par for the course. Until NCAA demands injury status updates for all teams like NFL, no college HC can be believed on revealing player status.

The NFL coaches don't always come clean with injury information either.  They sometimes get fined, but Shanahan was notorious for injury misinformation, and Belisuck is not much better.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 12:14:27 EDT »

The NFL coaches don't always come clean with injury information either.  They sometimes get fined, but Shanahan was notorious for injury misinformation, and Belisuck is not much better.

Someone on ESPN (can't remember who) said that Tom Brady has been listed as "questionable" in the pats' injury report every week for the past 15 years.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 12:58:08 EDT »

NFL teams have to give injury status and who's out for the week etc.. by a certain time in the week because of betting lines....College doesn't.

Butch said again today that Hurd has a 'Lower Extremity' issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: