VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 09:30:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some ppl are taking this Manning thing personally  (Read 10390 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 06:48:24 EDT »

And as much as I like Tebow, I'm of the belief that there have been many quarterbacks in the league that have been cut who were better NFL qb's than Tim.  The only reason he wasn't cut was because his name is Tim Tebow.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 07:00:34 EDT »

And as much as I like Tebow, I'm of the belief that there have been many quarterbacks in the league that have been cut who were better NFL qb's than Tim.  The only reason he wasn't cut was because his name is Tim Tebow.

To be more specific, he wasn't cut because he was a first round draft pick and was owed too much money...because his name is Tim Tebow.

Seriously, would any other QB with an identical skill set have gone before round 3?  That's where the Broncos screwed up in the first place.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 07:05:11 EDT »

I can't believe people are taking the decision by Peyton to not go to the Titans seriously.  I would have been (pleasantly) surprised if he did.  I think the decision would have made sense in some ways, for instance, that he certainly would have boosted ticket sales and the Titans are a fairly solid organization.  But I am not sure they had the salary cap room and they don't seem to have trouble selling tickets, so neither is a great reason.

Anyway, I am just glad to see Peyton come into a seemingly favorable situation and I look forward to seeing what he will do this year.  I have 3 NFL teams I root for, but I will pencil in the Broncs at 4.   

Without even being a fan, it will be fun to watch just to see what he can do.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Quasi EVol
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 01:27:01 EDT »

and that will be evident when we see what Denver gets for Tebow, which will not be much

http://www.theonion.com/articles/broncos-calling-teams-to-see-if-they-need-anyone-w,27673/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: