VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 07:27:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What if the Vols came out in one of these................  (Read 3198 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2013, 03:27:11 EDT »

........in orange with a white power T?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9519180/behind-scenes-college-football-latest-uniform-craze
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 03:43:33 EDT »

Horrid.  I'm going to be upset if our helmets change.

Alabama has one of the most basic uni's in CFB.  IMO we don't need uniform gimmicks.  The results on the field should sell the program.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 03:46:56 EDT »

Horrid.  I'm going to be upset if our helmets change.

Alabama has one of the most basic uni's in CFB.  IMO we don't need uniform gimmicks.  The results on the field should sell the program.

I agree. But change, as much as I hate it, is inevitable. It's going to happen to some extent this year. And as much as these kids like this stuff, expect to see more radical changes in the future.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 03:49:54 EDT »

I agree. But change, as much as I hate it, is inevitable. It's going to happen to some extent this year. And as much as these kids like this stuff, expect to see more radical changes in the future.

Sigh, it's true.  But, sigh.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 04:02:26 EDT »

I think we're finding out that bammer "sells their program" in other ways, too. #struggleoverwit

I've always been resistant to uniform change at UT, but I guess the years of losing have worn me down.  If today's recruits are so damn shallow that uniform design actually factors in their decision, then by god, let's give them what they want.  I just want to win again.

RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 12:54:15 EDT »

Not all the young kids are for this I'm 22 and much rather prefer the basic unis with the rotate black jerseys for Halloween games. Nothing without the Orange Power T on the Helmet its not Tennessee without it.

GO VOLS!!!   
101stDad
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 02:55:57 EDT »

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 04:03:24 EDT »

Honestly, my only concern is the product on the field. If uniform changes /helmet changes are attractive to recruits, then go for it.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 04:04:35 EDT »

Honestly, my only concern is the product on the field. If uniform changes /helmet changes are attractive to recruits, then go for it.

Within reason, this is where I am too. I don't want to be Oregon and I want traditions respected, but getting creative with the uniforms for players and recruits is perfectly fine by me.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: