VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 06:09:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leonard will be back next time with another bunch of losers. 'Til then, this is  (Read 3187 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2013, 02:22:23 EDT »

Percy Peabody . . . hopin' you'll be with us.

I just listened to "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" and think of Leonard's Losers every single time I hear it. Listening to that show was part of my gameday morning routine for a number of years and as I was growing into a football-obsessed teen in the 1990s, it became a sort of southerner's preamble to ESPN College Gameday (when that show was actually good). It would probably be depressing to hear Leonard pick UT games these days.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3xdn6htjkx0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/3xdn6htjkx0</a>
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:25:41 EDT by Clockwork Orange » Logged

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 02:28:10 EDT »

That brings back some good memories!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 03:16:03 EDT »

Leonard's Losers was great.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 03:19:00 EDT »

Great, great memories.     Just hearing that makes me close my eyes and smell the autumn air.
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 04:31:45 EDT »

We loved listening to that! Thanks for bringing back some good memories of Leonard Post toasty. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 04:39:17 EDT »

I loved Leonard's Losers. Sure he always picked UT to lose (at least in my possibly faulty memory), but he was fantastic. His weekly broadcast started my football Saturdays.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: