VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 12:46:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here is the usual Friday reminder....  (Read 2737 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2013, 02:42:50 EDT »

I will be leaving the office at 11:30 today, as usual on Friday. Join me, won't you?

Thank you. That is all. Carry on.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 02:54:36 EDT »

Beat you to the punch. This is my normal Friday off. If I get my way, I will not be working at all after February 2014. I will be enjoying retirement. 40 years is long enough. I need a beer.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 06:41:46 EDT »

I've been off all week.  Granddaughter is playing in the ASA 14U National Fastpitch Softball Tournament. 

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 07:00:19 EDT »

Beat you to the punch. This is my normal Friday off. If I get my way, I will not be working at all after February 2014. I will be enjoying retirement. 40 years is long enough. I need a beer.

I did the same back in 2009. Within 6 months you'll say to yourself....How did I work full-time and get all this other stuff done too?!!

I will say my yard looks better than it ever has........and my golf game has improved.... A LOT!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 07:04:39 EDT »

I'm at work. Y'all can float down a creek.  Admittedly I'm on VTTW during lunch, but it's work nonetheless.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 04:02:07 EDT »

TnPhil and whomever

Since my wife broke her shoulder in November, I have been taking her to her medical treatments on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  That meant I could only work 48-60 hours a paycheck. The company I work for let me work reduced hours at no loss of benefits because business is slow and the work was not there for full time. Last month my wife was able to drive again and I started back to working 70-80 hours a pay check since business is returning.  I did not realize how much I missed not working and how much an imposition working full time is on relaxing.  About three months ago, I reached the conclusion that I was tired and 40 years was enough. I looked at my 401K, IRA, and savings and reached the conclusion; What the h#!& am I working for?  I can retire on SS and supplement from retirement income off savings and stay home. And still not touch the principle for 20 years. Again, What the h#!& am I working for? In February 2014, I will not be working.  If I last that long.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: