VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 09:50:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Since there is not a lot of talk here about our matchup this weekend...  (Read 3091 times)
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2013, 03:58:08 EST »

...may I start the discussion off by using my double reverse, super secret mojo on you?  We are going to get killed this weekend. We have no hope to continue our good fortunes this year.  Rocky Top will be too much at home for us poor Aubies.  Our War Eagles/Plainsmen/Tigers/Whatchamacallits are doomed.  YWFDU.  Marshall will fake passing out so he can stay off the field.  Dobbs will find a new level and be responsible for at least 10 scores, includeing the PATs and FGs.  I only hope we keep it within 100.  Whoa is us.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 04:01:05 EST »

Wouldn't a double reverse mojo put it back on you guys?
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 04:01:18 EST »

I'll take some of what you have been drinking!!!
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 04:04:46 EST »

Ok....seriously. I think this weekend's game will be close and here is why.  Dobbs may have struggled against Mizzou, but that Defense is stout.  Our Defense...not so much.  We have struggled against mobile QBs (see aTm and MSU games).  We give up huge chunks of yardage to decent RBs and those mobile QBs.  Our saving grace thus far have been good Red Zone defense.  Our offense is clicking pretty good right now, but I have the gut feeling that we will have at least one game remaining that we struggle, and this road game at UT could be it.  

Other factors: this is our 2nd road game in a row, and it is difficult for most teams to do well on the road in the SEC two weeks in a row.  We historically have not played well in early games.  UT has played pretty dang well at home this year (UGA, USCe). And I am still convinced that Jones and company can call a good game. If you guys keep it close in the first half, I think there is a 50/50 chance you guys can beat us. In my opinion, we have one quality win this year: aTm. And that was only because we were able to match their scoring and come up big on D at the end of the game.  I know that is a glass-half-empty view of our season thus far, but us Aubies don't do well in the bravado category. So I am sticking to it.

Look forward to a good game!  UT has always been one of my favorite SEC teams, in case that buys me any points.

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 04:05:46 EST »

Wouldn't a double reverse mojo put it back on you guys?

I'm not one that would be called wise in the ways of mojos.  I just go with what I think I know is right. It worked pretty well for me in 2010, so I'm sticking to it.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 04:21:29 EST »

Ok....seriously. I think this weekend's game will be close and here is why.  Dobbs may have struggled against Mizzou, but that Defense is stout.  Our Defense...not so much.  We have struggled against mobile QBs (see aTm and MSU games).  We give up huge chunks of yardage to decent RBs and those mobile QBs.  Our saving grace thus far have been good Red Zone defense.  Our offense is clicking pretty good right now, but I have the gut feeling that we will have at least one game remaining that we struggle, and this road game at UT could be it.  

Other factors: this is our 2nd road game in a row, and it is difficult for most teams to do well on the road in the SEC two weeks in a row.  We historically have not played well in early games.  UT has played pretty dang well at home this year (UGA, USCe). And I am still convinced that Jones and company can call a good game. If you guys keep it close in the first half, I think there is a 50/50 chance you guys can beat us. In my opinion, we have one quality win this year: aTm. And that was only because we were able to match their scoring and come up big on D at the end of the game.  I know that is a glass-half-empty view of our season thus far, but us Aubies don't do well in the bravado category. So I am sticking to it.

Look forward to a good game!  UT has always been one of my favorite SEC teams, in case that buys me any points.

Wow, you almost give me hope.   Here's to no injuries and a good game either way.   

And...oh yeah...WWFDY!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 12:34:01 EST »

It's hard not to think Auburn wins by a lot, after out dismal showing at Missouri.
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 01:03:18 EST »

It's hard not to think Auburn wins by a lot, after out dismal showing at Missouri.

This UT team is totally different on the road and at home. I don't expect a win, but I will be pretty surprised if it isn't close.
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 04:38:12 EST »

Agree.  This team is so different at home than on the road.  Also, Dobbs played like a FR on the road in his first start. Things should slow down a little bit for him this week.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 05:32:09 EST »

I hope I'm wrong, but Aub is going to take advantage of our lack of speed and gash us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: