VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 07:47:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm giddy.. I've told you all about my Dad  (Read 5000 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2013, 12:50:08 EST »

Before the UGA game I posted something on facebook, basically bragging about his UT fandom and what a joy it is attend games with him.  Well one thing led to another, a cousin of mine forwarded my post to WBIR and wouldn't you know it.. they came out yesterday to his house and did a piece of him.  I'm beaming with pride!  Other than Stogie I know none of you all know him, but he's incredibly humble and would never has sought out this attention on himself.  (our local paper also did a series on him spanning 3-4 weeks in the weekend edition).  But, it would seem a simple fb post just spread like wildfire and here we go:

http://www.wbir.com/media/cinematic/video/3478827/vol-fan-has-perfect-52-year-home-game-attendance/

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 01:45:48 EST »

How awesome!!   How old is your Dad?  I know you are so proud!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 02:02:27 EST »

How awesome!!   How old is your Dad?  I know you are so proud!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He just turned 70.   
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 02:31:04 EST »

AWESOME!!!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 02:53:30 EST »

Okay, he wasn't entirely clear.  Was he saying that he kicked Spurrier's ass when they were kids?  Because that would be AWESOME.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 02:55:25 EST »

That's really cool!

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 02:55:46 EST »

That is just AWESOME, Vinnie! I raise my glass to your Dad tonight, my friend. Plus, he personally kicked spurrier's ass on the school yard; I'd buy him dinner any damn day! And your Mom is welcome, too!

My Dad & Mother were the same with Auburn as well, until we lost Mother 4 years ago. This year was the first he could go back; Mother was a Miss Auburn and my baby sis was a first runner-up.

I love college football!!!!!

GreggO    

(No - my Mother & sister were not Miss Auburn & the runner-up the same year. I realize we play AU tomorrow, but this post is about Vinnie's Dad. Dog my family in a seperate post. Thank you. )
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:12:10 EST by GreggO » Logged
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 03:14:26 EST »

Its good y'all get to enjoy each other and to include it with UT football is even better.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 03:37:45 EST »

I've heard the Spurrier story all my life.  Dad once wrote a letter to Fulmer and mentioned it.  Fulmer sent one back and called Dad his "new best friend".   

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 03:43:57 EST »

I've heard the Spurrier story all my life.  Dad once wrote a letter to Fulmer and mentioned it.  Fulmer sent one back and called Dad his "new best friend".   

G
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 05:30:03 EST »

He's a great man and deserves all the recognition he is getting and then some. It's great to see such a humble man getting some positive attention.
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 01:42:24 EST »

How awesome!!!
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 03:21:18 EST »

Your Dad seems like a very good guy. too. Awesome story! Would love to pick his brain about games in the past.

BG
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 04:06:05 EST »

Your Dad seems like a very good guy. too. Awesome story! Would love to pick his brain about games in the past.

BG

yes, he's got tons of stories.     Thanks for the kind words.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 04:52:19 EST »

Awesome story. Great accomplishment. He had to attend a few games when he was feeling under the weather. Now my friends, that is a fan. He puts us so-called fans to shame. Tell him how impressed and honored I am feeling for him and his attendance record.. Thank God for folks like him. He should get his own special section in Neyland. Heck, name it after him.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 05:11:22 EST »

Awesome story. Great accomplishment. He had to attend a few games when he was feeling under the weather. Now my friends, that is a fan. He puts us so-called fans to shame. Tell him how impressed and honored I am feeling for him and his attendance record.. Thank God for folks like him. He should get his own special section in Neyland. Heck, name it after him.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: