VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 11:37:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UF will go 5-7  (Read 3137 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2013, 07:35:25 EST »

Moosechump feeling pressure?

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 08:19:03 EST »

Oh, over on the VS it's a foregone conclusion that he's gone.  It would seem anyone suggesting he get another year is shouted down.

I read where he got into it verbally with some fans after tbe UGA loss.  I think he has lost that fanbase irreparably.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 08:21:12 EST »

He'd be intriguing as a DC option...

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 08:41:01 EST »

He'd be intriguing as a DC option...

I hope he lasts another year...on both counts.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 09:10:29 EST »

With FSU and Miami reemerging the way they have, I don't see how UF can afford to stick with him for another year.

There is no excuse for bowl ineligibility with that UF roster. None. Even with the injury situation. I saw a Gator fan say yesterday that it was depressing watching the Bama-LSU game because of the talent differential between those two teams and UF. To that, I LOL'd. Wish they could spend a year or two in our shoes.

Muschamp's last couple of years as DC at Texas made me start to question his ability as a defensive coach just a bit. Those were not good defenses he fielded at the end there. If UT were looking for a DC, obviously we could do a lot worse if he were on the market...but how often do you see a high-profile coach lose his job and jump right back into the market as a coordinator? Not often. If he didn't spend a year or two in a television booth somewhere, I imagine he would be somewhere as a head coach next year, and I imagine there are a number of teams that would like to have him. Probably even some options at BCS schools.
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 09:54:15 EST »

If he stays, my guess is he removes the OC Pease. He would then not have much luck pulling a new OC, being a potential "lame duck". That would mean that he would probably promote Joker Philips as his OC, with his future tied to the success of Joker and his offense.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 07:42:47 EST »

If he stays, my guess is he removes the OC Pease. He would then not have much luck pulling a new OC, being a potential "lame duck". That would mean that he would probably promote Joker Philips as his OC, with his future tied to the success of Joker and his offense.

It might work about as well as bringing sunseri in....which is why I hope it happens!  I don't think even Muschamp is dumb enough to make Joker Phillips the OC though.

What he needs to do is bring in Randy Sanders from up the road at Tallassee.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 04:36:49 EST »

What he needs to do is bring in Randy Sanders from up the road at Tallassee.   

Was that Sanders comment necessary? He's been gone a number of years so wy beat that horse? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: