VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 07:02:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So this is going really well so far:-/*  (Read 6580 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2013, 03:31:27 EST »

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 03:36:46 EST »

We're on pace for 16 points.   
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 03:41:45 EST »

Oh, early season Cuonzo Ball. How we missed you so. 

This is ridiculous.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 03:42:37 EST »

Special thanks to whoever told J-Mac the game has started.  Now could you please notify the rest of the team?

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 03:48:19 EST »

Their coach looks like Andy Kennedy.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 03:50:09 EST »

3-22 from the field, 2-9 from the line. Cuonzo is setting offensive basketball back about a century.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 03:54:05 EST »

3-22 from the field, 2-9 from the line. Cuonzo is setting offensive basketball back about a century.

Lol, "brick by brick"
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 04:00:10 EST »

I'm also gonna need a reminder why Ndiaye is on the team. Nothing on the offensive end, and basically nothing on the defensive end.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 04:01:29 EST »

How the hell are we only down 4?

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 04:02:36 EST »

How the hell are we only down 4?

McRae is good enough to put us on his back right now. We aren't running an offense.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 04:05:03 EST »

Obviously we are only halfway through game 1 of a long season . . . but it appears so far to be a repeat of the last two seasons. It's unacceptable to be this flat early in the season every freaking year.

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 04:06:34 EST »

Well as poorly as we played we're only down 7 at the half. Surely to goodness we'll play better in the second, can't get worse than the first twelve minutes of the first half. That was ug-a-lee.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 04:08:44 EST »

Lol, "brick by brick"

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 04:10:27 EST »

I switched over to see the end of the UK game and we went on a little run.  Maybe I should watch UF for the entire 2nd half.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 04:11:00 EST »

Obviously we are only halfway through game 1 of a long season . . . but it appears so far to be a repeat of the last two seasons. It's unacceptable to be this flat early in the season every freaking year.

///
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 04:12:31 EST »

Lol, "brick by brick"

I'm telling you, it's coming.  Check all the TN papers tomorrow- Weidmer, Climer, and Adams will probably all have variations of the same joke.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 04:16:31 EST »

I'm telling you, it's coming.  Check all the TN papers tomorrow- Weidmer, Climer, and Adams will probably all have variations of the same joke.

I have a feeling there will be more games to come for which the joke will be appropriate.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 04:17:03 EST »

BTW, I hate these new uniforms.  The contrasting fabric makes them look like they're wearing bikinis under a tube top.  That's a pretty hot look-  If you're a woman.  In 1981.  

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 05:02:12 EST »

Pulled within 2, and now fading down the stretch.  Especially on the defensive end.  This doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.  We can't pull the old "wait to turn it on in SEC play" act again.  Our league isn't good enough to get us to the dance without also beating some quality OOC competition.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 05:07:19 EST »

Pulled within 2, and now fading down the stretch.  Especially on the defensive end.  This doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.  We can't pull the old "wait to turn it on in SEC play" act again.  Our league isn't good enough to get us to the dance without also beating some quality OOC competition.

Yep, and I'm not sure this Xavier team is a tournament team anyway but at least it would have been a road win out of conference. I really can't figure what it is Cuonzo does to these guys in the offseason to make them this bad at basketball for the first 6 weeks of the season.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 05:27:42 EST »

I'll hand it to them for not giving up and fighting to get close down the stretch, but this was a pathetic effort. Three preseason all-SEC players and a top 25 freshman (and where was HE tonight, BTW?)  and we have basically no offensive gameplan and look like we haven't practiced shooting in 6 months.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 05:30:15 EST »

Just bad coaching, McRae wasn't even part of the offensive plan for most of the second half. I am getting the sinking feeling CCM isn't going to get it done.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 06:08:31 EST »

Just a bizarre performance. Complete lack of chemistry. Coaching staff looked indifferent. Stokes has regressed. Is there bad blood with Stokes & Maymon? They don't appear to communicate much. WTF was Chievous doing playing so much? Where was Hubbs? The Bigs just don't seem to be able to do anything except force up ugly shots that are blocked as often as not. Very, very disappointing game. We will lose 10+ games IMO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: