VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 03:12:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best statement about today's game  (Read 4893 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 05, 2014, 01:40:37 EDT »

"Butch Jones may not have a signature win but he has a signature loss."

Saw that posted elsewhere. I don't totally agree; I think the SC win was a signature win. But today's loss was critical. I don't think the importance of it can be overstated. 

That's all I have to say for now because I don't think I'm at the point of being able to refrain from overreacting.

Well, I will say one thing: Will Mischamp is a complete asshat. But that isn't really an earth-shattering revelation.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 01:58:41 EDT »

"Butch Jones may not have a signature win but he has a signature loss."

Saw that posted elsewhere. I don't totally agree; I think the SC win was a signature win. But today's loss was critical. I don't think the importance of it can be overstated. 

That's all I have to say for now because I don't think I'm at the point of being able to refrain from overreacting.

Well, I will say one thing: Will Mischamp is a complete asshat. But that isn't really an earth-shattering revelation.

Agree about the signature loss.

Also, if you're referring to Muschamp's postgame statement, I don't blame him after a quarter of the stadium was chanting FU Gators.  Of course he's gonna rub it in after that.

I'm as upset as anyone, but that was an embarrassing display by what appeared to be mostly the students.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 02:36:39 EDT »

Agree about the signature loss.

Also, if you're referring to Muschamp's postgame statement, I don't blame him after a quarter of the stadium was chanting FU Gators.  Of course he's gonna rub it in after that.

I'm as upset as anyone, but that was an embarrassing display by what appeared to be mostly the students.

I've said from the time Muschamp arrived at Florida that he's a low-class coach. I was as vocal as anyone about wanting him at UT but I'm grateful he didn't wind up here...and not just because he appears to be in over his head as an SEC head coach, but for the way he carries himself on the field and in interviews.

Obviously I don't agree with the student section's chant. I groaned when I heard that start up. You're right: it was embarrassing. If our AD has any brass, he'll strongly condemn that. But you said it: "mostly the students." Someone has to be the adult, and I would hope that it would be the 40-something head ball coach. Also, it wasn't just Muschamp's statement. It was his little gesture to the students as the game ended. A head coach getting into a tit-for-tat with a bunch of college students...way to be classy, Will. A lot of Florida fans are condemning him for what he said, and rightfully so. If our coach made a statement like that after a win in regards to a bunch of students, I'd be mortified.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 02:41:50 EDT »

I've said from the time Muschamp arrived at Florida that he's a low-class coach. I was as vocal as anyone about wanting him at UT but I'm grateful he didn't wind up here...and not just because he appears to be in over his head as an SEC head coach, but for the way he carries himself on the field and in interviews.

Obviously I don't agree with the student section's chant. I groaned when I heard that start up. You're right: it was embarrassing. If our AD has any brass, he'll strongly condemn that. But you said it: "mostly the students." Someone has to be the adult, and I would hope that it would be the 40-something head ball coach. Also, it wasn't just Muschamp's statement. It was his little gesture to the students as the game ended. A head coach getting into a tit-for-tat with a bunch of college students...way to be classy, Will. A lot of Florida fans are condemning him for what he said, and rightfully so. If our coach made a statement like that after a win in regards to a bunch of students, I'd be mortified.

Muschamp hasn't and is certainly not going to win any maturity awards, that's for sure.  But in the heat of the moment of what was happening and knowing how he is, I get it.

Still, very glad we didn't get him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: