VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 03:46:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If I'm Nick Saban, I'm a little worried  (Read 4521 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 20, 2013, 03:59:23 EDT »

Not about the score. I expect Alabama to win by a comfortable margin. But Tennessee is knocking out players at what has to be a record pace right now. I'm not trying to make light of it, you never want to see a player seriously injured. But I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

1.) Driskel goes down with a season-ending injury in the UF game. We can continue to debate his worth to the football team, but I'm still convinced that he was their best option to win games and losing him derailed their hopes of winning the SEC East.

2.) How many offensive playmakers were knocked out of the UGA game? Although Georgia survived that game, clearly the injuries ended their chances of not only an SEC championship but also a national championship.

3.) And now Shaw.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 04:11:52 EDT »

News on Shaw?
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 04:19:40 EDT »

News on Shaw?

They're still calling it a sprain for now. It didn't look good; hopefully that's the extent of it...although he could still miss significant time even with just a sprain.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 04:21:13 EDT »

They're still calling it a sprain for now. It didn't look good; hopefully that's the extent of it...although he could still miss significant time even with just a sprain.

Hope he's ok.  It looked pretty serious.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 04:01:20 EDT »

A lot of South Carolina fans are claiming that UT intentionally tries to hurt star players and are calling for an NCAA investigation.  Do these guys even watch replays and attempt to think rationally? (Rhetorical question; they're football fans, so the answer is no.)
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 04:16:12 EDT »

A lot of South Carolina fans are claiming that UT intentionally tries to hurt star players and are calling for an NCAA investigation.  Do these guys even watch replays and attempt to think rationally? (Rhetorical question; they're football fans, so the answer is no.)

Yeah, it was vicious for our punt returner to call a fair catch in that georgia causing the defender to change course and tear his ACL by doing so.  That was an unfortunate play on their running back, but nothing dirty.  As far as Shaw goes, he is so elusive that a DL has to do whatever he can to get a hold on him.  You know, if the opposing players would quit doing all they can to gain yardage, we might quit doing all we can to stop them from doing it.

Wherever you go, there you are.
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 04:16:40 EDT »

Not about the score. I expect Alabama to win by a comfortable margin. But Tennessee is knocking out players at what has to be a record pace right now. I'm not trying to make light of it, you never want to see a player seriously injured. But I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

1.) Driskel goes down with a season-ending injury in the UF game. We can continue to debate his worth to the football team, but I'm still convinced that he was their best option to win games and losing him derailed their hopes of winning the SEC East.

2.) How many offensive playmakers were knocked out of the UGA game? Although Georgia survived that game, clearly the injuries ended their chances of not only an SEC championship but also a national championship.

3.) And now Shaw.

I'm thinking he might need to be worried about the bigger picture.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 02:50:01 EDT »

With the helmet-to-helmet/targeting rule now in effect we are all going to see an increase in leg injuries. Sad but true.
The Shaw injury was a result of two 300 pound plus behemoths coming down on him period. Was noti intentional at all.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 04:16:05 EDT »

Well don't forget about the Marcus Lattimore injury last year..I never heard the end of that one about how UT was so dirty
BammerFan
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 04:44:51 EDT »

Most of the ACL injuries we've had over the years (and this year to Vinnie Sunseri  ) were of the non-contact variety.

While I hate the targeting rule, I haven't seen the massive increase in knee injuries to WRs either. I wonder if the people who predicted that are the same ones predicting the apocalyptic hurricane seasons that never pan out every year.

I know, I know..."Super Storm Sandy." Which was only bad because the Yankees are as bad at tropical storm preparation as us rednecks are at snow and ice.

Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 04:49:31 EDT »

I wonder if the people who predicted that are the same ones predicting the apocalyptic hurricane seasons that never pan out every year.

I know, I know..."Super Storm Sandy." Which was only bad because the Yankees are as bad at tropical storm preparation as us rednecks are at snow and ice.

Holy smokes. A sensible Bammer. Who knew? 
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 05:15:38 EDT »

Most of the ACL injuries we've had over the years (and this year to Vinnie Sunseri  ) were of the non-contact variety.

While I hate the targeting rule, I haven't seen the massive increase in knee injuries to WRs either. I wonder if the people who predicted that are the same ones predicting the apocalyptic hurricane seasons that never pan out every year.

Now quit yer dang cussin you upstart Pachyderm Intruder......

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: